Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 4 March 2013

oh no MY........... that lot took all week and the weekend....not much work about down here ....so keeping busy....all the jobs i never got around to doing ....OH is up my arse, got tiolet roll list...i shit you not

RE: What have done towards your prep? - uks - 5 March 2013

This afternoon made 2 lb's of butter, 2 fresh loafs and a victoria sponge. lovely

RE: What have done towards your prep? - uks - 10 March 2013

Yesterday got 6 more P.O.L. chickens now up to 9. Will be laying in the next few weeks.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 10 March 2013

Stripped trailer down..moved axle back .. wire brushed all steel work..repainted..new tyres ,lights,jocky wheel, and new floor...looks like a new one.new seals in tipping pump ( tipping trailer ) all steel sides....took the full week... more tins meat... pasta,rice,meds and tools...bit of work in so going to earn some bread....much needed i can tell you.....but still loads to do on the ground

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Highlander - 10 March 2013

I serviced my Quad bike,.... not quite prepping, but you never know,...Smile

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 17 March 2013

I decided yesterday would be a good day to get in some "woods time". My mate know his way round the woods like you wouldnt believe, so we loaded up the packs and set off. It'd been lashing it down for the last 24 hours, but by 1100 the Sun made an appearance. Ground was soggy and slippery - perfect Big Grin

Found a decent spot under a massive Yew tree to set up camp for the afternoon, and set about getting a fire going. Good practice when everything is soaking wet. I had no joy and little patience with the flint an steel, but the ferro rod worked a treat. We knocked up a simple frame and pot hanger and got some food on.
The rain soon returned, so a tarp was hastily erected and our equipment covered over. Spent a good few hours there until a huge rumble of thunder overhead, a crackle of lightening and the rapid arrival of hail stones heralded our departure. It was nearly full dark when we left camp, thankfully we both had head lights as it was a 50 minute walk back to the car. Cracking afternoon, just a shame it's taken so long this year to get out again.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 17 March 2013

Discussed a BOL in southern Italy with the OH. She loves the idea!!! It'll be a 10 year plan, or there abouts, but should be viable.

Have started work on the garden, chopped down 2 trees, and are clearing the left side (south) to strip it and get it ready for our veggies and maybe a LONG greenhouse (changed the polytunnel idea to a semi tunnel down one side and a basic cover at the bottom of the garden).

Sharpened my Smith n Wesson (S and R) knife, and my Gerber machete.....after getting too carried away with it in the garden. Yes, I used the machete to chop down the tree! Awesome fun!!!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 17 March 2013

Cleared hardstanding of wood logged and split...started to clear and tidy up rear garden ...last bit....and bugger me blocked manhole ...took all day to clear 4 manholes ...on the last run lost my rods...due to suction..( i really should know better )..so getting more rods to push opposite direction on monday....got paid off a job so ...tins ....72 mixed... multi tool from aldi,s 3.89 had to get it....looking at my ground alot...where to move my poly tunnel...hard one that...more work in so i got to get on and earn the bread....started sowing seeds...bean sticks are in today..made clotch for raised bed from odds n sods

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 19 March 2013

Shit, I'm really in it now. Bought a few things this week, an its only Monday! A woodlore 30th anniversary mora, some Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap, a crossbow, a led lenser H7 head torch, some shit from poundland, some hemp beer (lovely!), and a hand made MLL knife on BCUK. I may need somewhere to bug out to, especially when the wife finds out about the MLL!! Anyone got room for a hammock in their garden?

Oh, and a new shirt.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Binnie - 19 March 2013

Scouted out a new BOL, only accessible by boat.

checked out some inflatable kayaks for access there,

thinking of possibility of introducing rabbits to the island, free protein Big Grin