Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 19 March 2013

(19 March 2013, 07:31)Binnie Wrote: Scouted out a new BOL, only accessible by boat.

checked out some inflatable kayaks for access there,

thinking of possibility of introducing rabbits to the island, free protein Big Grin

as it an island, you will have to bring everything you need..from food upwards..in by boat, thats the one thing that puts me off islands, also if the island is overrun by raiders/scavengers/whatever you call them there is no where to run.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Binnie - 19 March 2013

(19 March 2013, 09:35)bigpaul Wrote:
(19 March 2013, 07:31)Binnie Wrote: Scouted out a new BOL, only accessible by boat.

checked out some inflatable kayaks for access there,

thinking of possibility of introducing rabbits to the island, free protein Big Grin

as it an island, you will have to bring everything you need..from food upwards..in by boat, thats the one thing that puts me off islands, also if the island is overrun by raiders/scavengers/whatever you call them there is no where to run.

scavenging is my plan though Wink

i mean i'll have minimal stores, but i'm deffo not stockpiling anything. if the worst comes to the worst, your stores will run out, and you'll have to start scavenging Cool

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 19 March 2013

the thing about having stores is...yes-eventually they will run out but, having a food store enables you to keep your head down whilst its all mayhem and WROL outside.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Metroyeti - 19 March 2013

If you can cache some supplies on the island it sounds perfect

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 19 March 2013

(19 March 2013, 00:53)BeardyMan Wrote: Shit, I'm really in it now. Bought a few things this week, an its only Monday! A woodlore 30th anniversary mora, some Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap, a crossbow, a led lenser H7 head torch, some shit from poundland, some hemp beer (lovely!), and a hand made MLL knife on BCUK. I may need somewhere to bug out to, especially when the wife finds out about the MLL!! Anyone got room for a hammock in their garden?

Oh, and a new shirt.

And a DD 3x3 tarp.

Anyone fancy re-homing a fat bearded man?

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Hex - 20 March 2013

just ordered a new wire saw and a folding Gerber skeleton handle knife Big Grin

chose the wire saw cause its easier for me to carry pre-SHTF without getting nicked and i can always slide the outer layer of some paracord over it to disguise it a bit.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 20 March 2013

[quote='BeardyMan' pid='50564' dateline='136373396)

Anyone fancy re-homing a fat bearded man?
[/quote]

~OH says: one's enough-thank you very much!!Big GrinBig Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Binnie - 20 March 2013

ordered a 100ft length of 550 cord with the aim of learning to tie proper knots.

thats once i untangle it hahaha!!! i was i bit hasty in opening the packet Tongue

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Skean Dhude - 20 March 2013

You lot are putting me to shame. I need to find better ways of using my time.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Metroyeti - 20 March 2013

Sd your putting us to shame by running this site, keep up the good work.

Not strictly a prep but got an interview for security work at festivals, wich gives me a good excuse to buy a new tent if I get offered work.