Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Binnie - 26 March 2013

Getting some basic emergency rations sorted out, looking at boats etc just now, possibly having to bug out soon!!!!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Metroyeti - 26 March 2013

New torch, will get a review done soon.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 27 March 2013

My MLL knife arrived today. It's orgasmically beautiful, a true work of art. I love it.

I used the strop to get a razor sharp.edge on the mora. I now have a bald patch on my arm and leg. DEFINITELY shaving sharp.

Sighted the .22 pcp in again in.preparation for the rat splat on Thursday

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Highlander - 27 March 2013

I just purchased two 1000 ltr food grade IBC containers,... that's the water sorted

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Tibbs735 - 3 April 2013

Put in 32 potato plants in a new veggy patch in the garden.

Chickens make a great garden tool; you can pen them up on one area and they remove all the grass and heavily fertilize it over a few months. Then you can easily turn it over for planting. I imagine pigs would do this even better as they root and dig up the ground.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Binnie - 3 April 2013

inlfatable Kayak bought, should have a decent load carrying capacity, and "only" weighs around 10kg so easily transportable

testing this weekend i hope

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Luci_ferson - 3 April 2013

(27 March 2013, 21:26)Highlander Wrote: I just purchased two 1000 ltr food grade IBC containers,... that's the water sorted

3 questions.

1 where did you get them
2 do they deliver
3 how much were they.

everywhere I look says ive got to get it myself which isn't an option.

as for what ive done to my prep recently.
ive sorted a greenhouse ready for my toms , peppers and chilis.
written a spreadsheet that keeps track of my food stocks use by labels and warns me when they get close so I can rotate them.

and next on the list is get the land prepared ready for my veges to go into (yes im late but ive lost nothing to the late cold snap that appears to have caught some of my neighbours offguard.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 3 April 2013

sorting out some points for my ahem..projectiles for my new horse bow!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 3 April 2013

Planted on lettuce...radish, onion sets , parsnip ,carrots all under cloches. sown more cucumbers and more tomatoes . dehydrator working hard ....chillies, oranges , limes , bananas.....more tins , rice , pasta , vitamin tubs ..... got some work in ....so next week is full .. next up is home cured bacon " salted " ...plant out seed potatoes buckets and rows in poly tunnel....sow peas poly tunnel " not moving my poly tunnel as yet shelved that idea for the moment "

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Highlander - 3 April 2013

(3 April 2013, 19:12)Luci_ferson Wrote:
(27 March 2013, 21:26)Highlander Wrote: I just purchased two 1000 ltr food grade IBC containers,... that's the water sorted

3 questions.

1 where did you get them
2 do they deliver
3 how much were they.

everywhere I look says ive got to get it myself which isn't an option.

I got them from an Ebay seller in the borders, he was selling for £35 each, so I offered him £50 for the two which he excepted

.... but I did have to collect them both, well strictly speaking the wife did, she took a 12foot trailer down south with a Quad on board and picked up the tanks on the way back

I have not looked to see if anyone delivers,.. I would guess that there is likely to be some provided you are not too far away from them,..especially if you were to add the petrol money