Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Luci_ferson - 3 April 2013

I appear to be miles away from them all, the delivery costs are nearly twice the cost of the containers.
and the more I hear about your tools and equipment available to you , the more I look at my own and sulk lol
you need to stop telling me this stuff, or me and about 40 others are likely to come looking for you.

and I don't mean raiders , I meant about 40 other people reading these forums.
it sounds like you got it perfect up there.

like some sort of Zion lol

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Highlander - 3 April 2013

(3 April 2013, 19:23)Luci_ferson Wrote: I appear to be miles away from them all, the delivery costs are nearly twice the cost of the containers.
and the more I hear about your tools and equipment available to you , the more I look at my own and sulk lol
you need to stop telling me this stuff, or me and about 40 others are likely to come looking for you.

Believe me, its not all roses up here you know, the thing is with a beautifull location is that you cant eat the scenery.

We are a hours drive from the nearest town with decent food shops...
2 hours drive one way and 2 1/2 hours the other way for shoes or furniture...
An hour from the nearest hospital so no ambulances ,.. forget the `magic hour` for us....
our local fire service is a tractor and trailer,.. with a small engine a few miles away..... we catch fire,.. we burn....
In the winter we have more dark than light, and in the summer we are eaten alive with midges.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 3 April 2013

I wonder if you can eat midges, HL just a thot

RE: What have done towards your prep? - GrannyMike - 3 April 2013

re 1000 lit ibc
a firm in wales will deliver to u for 50 a pallet which can take two tanks tanks r 50 each they r dand v fuels 01978 844504
I got a 400gallon juice tank off ebay for 90 plus del of 50 lot on their

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Highlander - 3 April 2013

(3 April 2013, 19:57)Straight Shooter Wrote: I wonder if you can eat midges, HL just a thot

Only the ones that get in your mouth or up your nose...Smile

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Wildman - 3 April 2013

have been scouting for a new bol, i have a location in mind and i've been doing all the obs i can from the air and on gmaps. i'm waiting for the first bit of good weather till i venture there. i'm so pissed off about the infiltration of my last bol, i really thought i'de found the best place there is, and it took me a year to realise the depth of my find. i'll still practice my b-survival there coz its so ideal, but secret it isnt. so i'll be tapping out to my new location when the wind changes. other than that i went through and cleaned my already clean kit, polished mi knives and bought some new hiking trainers.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 4 April 2013

Garden planning today!!! WOOO.....not very exciting, but it needs to be done.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Luci_ferson - 4 April 2013

(3 April 2013, 19:48)Highlander Wrote:
(3 April 2013, 19:23)Luci_ferson Wrote: I appear to be miles away from them all, the delivery costs are nearly twice the cost of the containers.

Believe me, its not all roses up here you know, the thing is with a beautifull location is that you cant eat the scenery.

We are a hours drive from the nearest town with decent food shops...
2 hours drive one way and 2 1/2 hours the other way for shoes or furniture...
An hour from the nearest hospital so no ambulances ,.. forget the `magic hour` for us....
our local fire service is a tractor and trailer,.. with a small engine a few miles away..... we catch fire,.. we burn....
In the winter we have more dark than light, and in the summer we are eaten alive with midges.

all the bad points you mention, I class as good points. except the lack of fire services. that one kind of sucks.
but I bet you all have great respect for fire up there.

as for the long dark winters and the midges in the summer.
I already get those where I am lol.
I might live in a town but were surrounded by fields. in summer the whole town stinks of cow cakes and hoss manure.
there aint many towns were you can get bitten by a horsefly whilst shopping lol.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 4 April 2013

you ought to be here when their "muck" spreading-the whole place stinks for a week after-but then we do live in farming country!!Big Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Luci_ferson - 4 April 2013

yup that's same problem here. the fields im surrounded by ar farm fields.
in the summer the cow cakes heat up and the smell drifts in to town.
then the farmers go muck spreading and that drifts into town.
and to top it all off the waste heap from the landfill starts sweating and a strong sickly sweat smell makes you gag.
then weve got all the factories etc.
I get assalted from both ways.
id rather just have the manure and dung and wide open fields.