Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Metroyeti - 15 May 2013

Discount home stores is selling all there fishing gear off for 50p an item. Reels with 7lb line, weights and split shot. I got a pack of floats, and 5packs of the split shot. Got those in bulk as im going to be making bottle cap spinners.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Stewart - 15 May 2013

bin to the dentists,finally got them up to scratch(no dentists when it all kicks off).thinking about having my eyes lased next.went for another wander with my wheelbarrow,got 6 loads of firewood(council refencing our estate).shot some rats and pigeons at work to keep my eye in(and got paid for doing it)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 16 May 2013

Prepping house.....going Well ....done a fair bit this week, 20% done , but feeling my age though....head is willing .....body is trying to keep up....but getting there all the same.... six cups of complan......but driving on

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Anything Really - 16 May 2013

I said I would write what is in my BOB so here goes..

Clothing
Winter Hat, Socks, Gloves, Scarf, waterproof trousers and coat Emergency poncho and foil cover.

Fire
Vaseline, Cotton balls, Waterproof matches and Flint steel striker.

Cooking
Folding camping stove, Gas, Pan set, Beans and soup.

Lighting
Head light, Glow sticks x2.

First Aid
The general pills and creams (Paracetamol and bite cream etc), Plasters, Bandages, scissors, Wipes.

Sleeping
Sleeping bag and Roll mat.

Misc
Whistle, Mosquito head net (also good for fishing), Toilet roll, Hardware gloves, Duct tape and a bin bag.

Most of the items are in lock bags to keep them dry. I think my bag is only about 60% complete. I need some form of shelter, Knife, Batteries, Lighter etc but I think I have the absolute basics. I can make shelter, produce fire, heal a minor wound, eat and wipe my arse Smile

If anyone has any hints and tips they would be appreciated.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 16 May 2013

just won an Alice pack with frame on Ebay £20 plus postage..its coming next week! I need to sort out my GHB/emergency pack...too stuffed, needs a larger bag! hence the new one...then I can get some more prepacked food in it and arrange the stuff I've already got so its got more room, then my Poncho can go inside instead of being strapped on top..maybe!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Metroyeti - 19 May 2013

Paracord keychain and a hook sharpner

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 20 May 2013

Reorganised my garage yesterday sorted out jerry cans, water cans, water filter, water butts, camp cooker, gas bottles, tool lockers, ropes, large tools, kitchen tub etc, originally when I got a piece of kit I just shoved it onto any shelf space I could see, but after spending yesterday PM sorting it all out and moving a few bits around I've got everything clean checked and sorted and now have more empty storage capacity cos its tidier.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 20 May 2013

got a framed rucksack at the car boot yesterday for £4, gonna scrap the pack-old nylon thing-and use the frame, also got a brand new pair of 10x40 binoculars for £15, 2 packs x 6 plastic tent pegs £1 per pack, a glass lantern-the type that takes candles-50p, a hunting horn made out of cow horn ala Robin Hood £4, and a WW2 commando type black dagger £5.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 20 May 2013

Garden, garden, garden. That's all I've been doing, and will continue to do for the next few months.

Busy busy.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Binnie - 20 May 2013

surveyed most of my BOI (bug out island)

absoloutely no sign of any human being there, though there are deer tracks!!! some fox tracks and assorted edible foliage.