Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 4 June 2013

Took delivery of my new Aeropress Coffee Maker!!! These things make the greatest cup of coffee because of the ultra fine filters they use. If you can't thing of a way ultra fine filters could be useful, then you may have issues. The most obvious survival use for me" If marauders attack the Wellington area, I can subdue them with a fantastic cup of coffee, be promoted to official coffee maker of the lead marauder, gain his trust over months of service, assassinate him, cause an uprising, cast off the shackles of oppression and start a revolution....all because of a cup of coffee! Damn that's some good coffee!!!

Also, more gardening!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - River Song - 4 June 2013

@NR - Social Justice Group?? Hang on -m It's not April 1st?

The Hazard Risk and Resilence Institute have done some good work - I've read some of their research papers recently

X

Bought Silva Compass and 80lb self cocking Crossbow pistol to see how these things work.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 4 June 2013

Type 4 in Mil and degs is a beaut if you contact me with a valid E mail addy I'll send you all the easy how to use a map leaflets I have.

The Cobras is a neat little tools please read back through the archery section about whiich bolts are best and what spares you should get.
NR

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Franc - 4 June 2013

my new cycle panniers have arrived, now waiting on my new baoefeng
http://galbak0.tumblr.com/post/52161387131/new-panniers-arrived-today-fitted-them-up-they

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 5 June 2013

One of the strangest things is emptying your own home. My dad passes away about 7 months ago, and mum is moving to Oz. Monday saw me up in Warrington loading my car up with stuff to take back to Wellington. The main thing I loaded up was books. Paintball guns, suits, and sports gear can wait until next trip up there.

It's damn amazing working through everything and realising what amazing books you've forgotten you have! Loads of medical stuff, and plant focused books.

Ended up buying another bookshelf (6 levels, 6'5"tall) to hold what I've brought over, and have filled it already!!! Need another one before I can sort out everything else I have brought back.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 5 June 2013

I thought it was pretty amazing what crap we as humans amass over the years, when we moved from Glastonbury I did about 20 runs to the tip/recycling centre with rubbish that wasn't worth putting on the removal truck!Big Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 5 June 2013

(5 June 2013, 09:41)bigpaul Wrote: I thought it was pretty amazing what crap we as humans amass over the years, when we moved from Glastonbury I did about 20 runs to the tip/recycling centre with rubbish that wasn't worth putting on the removal truck!Big Grin

YOU THREW STUFF AWAY????

I've not got to that point yet. I just keep moving and taking it all with me Big Grin

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 5 June 2013

(5 June 2013, 09:41)bigpaul Wrote: I thought it was pretty amazing what crap we as humans amass over the years, when we moved from Glastonbury I did about 20 runs to the tip/recycling centre with rubbish that wasn't worth putting on the removal truck!Big Grin

It's crazy isn't it?!?!

I've got 3 paintball guns left, and I'll probably end up selling at least 2 of them.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 5 June 2013

(5 June 2013, 09:56)BeardyMan Wrote: YOU THREW STUFF AWAY????

I've not got to that point yet. I just keep moving and taking it all with me Big Grin

we just couldn't bring everything with us, some stuff like my collection of skip dived timber just had to go it wasn't worth putting on the lorry, I've picked up loads more since we moved here.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - BeardyMan - 5 June 2013

(5 June 2013, 10:00)Scythe13 Wrote:

It's crazy isn't it?!?!

I've got 3 paintball guns left, and I'll probably end up selling at least 2 of them.

Got any tiberius arms?