Survival UK Forums
What have done towards your prep? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What have done towards your prep? (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Highlander - 5 June 2013

Well a couple of weeks ago I started to cut my logs for next winter, from wood I collected two years ago, I make sure there is always a length of wood on the saw horse and leave an old saw out, [ with a new blade ].. then I cut a log or two, or 30 when ever I have a few minutes.

It makes life a whole lot easier, if you dont leave it till the last minutes

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Straight Shooter - 5 June 2013

Yes NR it is surprising how much wood you need, that is why I am changing to a multi fuel boiler ...instead of 3 wood stoves now it will be just the one, with the LPG as the back up, the boiler is a MF and will eat the task, full heat ,hot water for the whole cottage, no more walking into cold rooms cause I am scared shitless to turn on the gas boiler..........happy days ....but I will be doing an in depth review for all the members

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 5 June 2013

(5 June 2013, 22:43)Straight Shooter Wrote: Yes NR it is surprising how much wood you need, that is why I am changing to a multi fuel boiler ...instead of 3 wood stoves now it will be just the one, with the LPG as the back up, the boiler is a MF and will eat the task, full heat ,hot water for the whole cottage, no more walking into cold rooms cause I am scared shitless to turn on the gas boiler..........happy days ....but I will be doing an in depth review for all the members

That sounds similar to what Mr Tarrel has done with his heating system, I'm just boody glad I've got the benefit of learning from chaps like Tarrel, Yourself, Highlander and AL on this heating by wood issue I would be royally screwed without the input from you chaps.

Good sound advice highlander, I do the same thing exactly its a good idea to adopt

Its not all good though, had to loose the rayburn (to my garage mind ) will use that to heat greenhouses and poly tunnel ( just like a proper prepper should )

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Metroyeti - 5 June 2013

Speaking to a guy collecting coal/drift wood this morning. His heating system also heated the radiators, still needs it gking to heat the water for his bath. Said getting old worked in his favour as he tops the,fire up when he wakes through the night gor the loo

That could have been me MY lol

RE: What have done towards your prep? - NorthernRaider - 5 June 2013

Eee eck that takes me back to last summer, Crimdon Dean, up to Easington collecting sea coal and drift wood for a BBQ come camping weekend in the dunes. It never stopped raining.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - bigpaul - 6 June 2013

started my log pile.

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Scythe13 - 6 June 2013

(6 June 2013, 10:30)bigpaul Wrote: started my log pile.

Haha, BP's got piles. Sorry mate, couldn't resist. My log pile is taking good shape now, just need to stop the dogs 'helping out' as the wife says.

Going through more stuff that mum had boxed up for me. Looks like we have a new solar battery charger here at Maison S13. Nothing amazing, but every little helps.

Also, have purchased another 4 solar powered garden lights.

Completely forgot to mention, I also brought back half my diving gear! Great underwater gear, and one of my favourite knives too!

RE: What have done towards your prep? - Mooski88 - 6 June 2013

Bought myself a dozen broad head arrow heads. Now I just have to figure out which arrows are best for them. I use handmade arrows so hesitant to damage them.