Survival UK Forums
When is it ok to steal...? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Morals and Ethics (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: When is it ok to steal...? (/showthread.php?tid=7226)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

When is it ok to steal...? - Sunna - 25 October 2014

When do you think its ok to steal [if ever]

when you and yours are in need.

when the owner is not around/dead.

only if the shtf.

never.

stealing ie anything from someones food/stuff to moving into their home/farm.

as the economy slowly fails more and more folk will have to decide whats right or wrong.

RE: When is it ok to steal...? - Midnitemo - 25 October 2014

In a lawful civilised society then never but WROL then I couldn't say at what point I'd consider it but I certainly wouldn't steal for ease it would have to be out of desperation and acute need.

RE: When is it ok to steal...? - bigpaul - 25 October 2014

in the here and now...............NEVER, post SHTF: when something has obviously been abandoned or the owner is dead. I wont take from another family but I will take from a shop/warehouse/industrial unit etc.

RE: When is it ok to steal...? - Sunna - 25 October 2014

what about the poor in the uk , facing more and more cuts to benefits , could it be the case that many of these poor souls steal to eat/pay bedroom tax ect.

this coming year we will see the 1st people evicted from their homes for owed rent [council tax]

like this guy you mean?: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/527144/Benefits-father-children-compensation-council

RE: When is it ok to steal...? - Midnitemo - 25 October 2014

No i wouldn't steal at this point in time....i know people who cope fairly well on benefits if others can't then they're doing it wrong...friend has had her 2 bed house up for a swap for a 3 bed ever since bedroom tax has been implemented...not a sniff of any interest...people just waste there benefits then whinge and stand with there hands out for an emergency payment...or get sanctioned cos they couldn't be bothered to get up and go sign on...on benefits don't smoke...don't have subscription tv...don't have the latest whizz bang phone...don't do drugs...simplesSmile

RE: When is it ok to steal...? - Devonian - 25 October 2014

(25 October 2014, 12:41)Sunna Wrote: what about the poor in the uk , facing more and more cuts to benefits , could it be the case that many of these poor souls steal to eat/pay bedroom tax ect.

this coming year we will see the 1st people evicted from their homes for owed rent [council tax]

If you are trying to say is it OK for the poor and those on struggling on benefits to steal to make ends meet, then no, never.

The problem with those on benefits (in this country), is that they expect to live the same (or often a higher) standard of life than those who work full time. After all How many of those people are there struggling on benefits who smoke; drink; do drugs; go on holidays; have satellite TV subscriptions; eat takeaways; have the lastest mobile phones; Nike trainers and designer goods etc etc.

Benefits in this country have become a lifestyle or life choice for too many people who are happy to live off the hard work of others, and it needs to change. I know there are exceptions, but they are exceptions rather than the norm.

Benefits should only ever be enough to survive on with basic rations; no luxury foods or other items. If you are on benefits, you should literally be making every penny count, there shouldn't be any spare for TV subscriptions; cigarettes or takeaways etc. If you want those things, you have to earn them.

If it was more like that, you can also be sure that immigration wouldn't be such an issue.

I like the idea of you can only take out what you have paid in, but even I can see that that is not fair......

(25 October 2014, 16:31)Devonian Wrote: I like the idea of you can only take out what you have paid in, but even I can see that that is not fair......

whats so wrong with that? before you take out you have to pay in, that was the original idea until the politicians started buggering around wit it!!!if the same system was in place now it would solve a long of the complaints.

RE: When is it ok to steal...? - Barneyboy - 25 October 2014

utter bollocks devonian ,you have been reading the wright wing press again ,

RE: When is it ok to steal...? - Devonian - 25 October 2014

(25 October 2014, 17:06)bigpaul Wrote: whats so wrong with that? before you take out you have to pay in, that was the original idea until the politicians started buggering around wit it!!!if the same system was in place now it would solve a long of the complaints.

My main concern with this, is young people who haven't had a chance to earn, or those who genuinely cannot work though ill health; accidents/injuries; injured soliders etc.

Also medical care shouldn't have any restrictions on it, although vanity plastic surgery (body improvement/enhancements) should never be done on the NHS, obviously this excludes those who have suffered injuries/surgery which requires plastic surgery.

(25 October 2014, 17:27)Barneyboy Wrote: utter bollocks devonian ,you have been reading the wright wing press again ,

No not at all. Why should those working hard paying taxes support the lifestyles of those who do not want* to work? (* as opposed to those who can't)