Survival UK Forums
We have a Fugitive on the Run. - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: We have a Fugitive on the Run. (/showthread.php?tid=9612)

Pages: 1 2

We have a Fugitive on the Run. - Joe - 28 February 2021

So it’s not exactly prepper related and more for fun.
You have a 10-15 minute head start before the whole of the Uk (or US) Police Force is hunting you down as a very high priority target. What do you do ?

RE: We have a Fugitive on the Run. - Straight Shooter - 28 February 2021

This comes easy for me ! ........I would simply explain they have obviously made a big mistake with their identification process ........then suggest they may want to take a look at that big country house , you know the one .........MICK has just moved in there.......he may be able to help them with all their enquiries.............and just hope for the best.

RE: We have a Fugitive on the Run. - bigpaul - 1 March 2021

for a start you ditch your mobile phone and stay off line, do not ring home.
then you get out of town, go into the countryside and stay low, avoid other people and any and all buildings.

RE: We have a Fugitive on the Run. - Lightspeed - 1 March 2021

Depends on why they are looking for me. Plan A would be similar to SS.

If I knew I was in shit and had no other choice plan B would be to leave phones on, and hide them in loft.

Go bags into car and immediately depart by small country lanes.

10 minutes will put us on the other the town than houses nearest police station.

Fastest police could reach us is 15 minutes. It'd take them another 5 mins to enter the house, and another 10 mins (minimum) to locate the planted phone(s). By the time they work out that we're gone we'll have a minimum of 40 minutes head start. (10+15+5+10).

Just as its worked out we've gone, we'll be jettisoning the car. 1 hr. trekking on small tracks through dense forest will see us safe.

Actually we dry- ran this exact plan last weekend. Timings exactly as planned. On the final hike-out stage one person encountered after 45mins trekking, and we saw him way before he saw us, so could have easily avoided his attention.

RE: We have a Fugitive on the Run. - bigpaul - 1 March 2021

I have at least 6 places I could bug out to and stay hidden all in the countryside, the quickest any Police could get here is 45mins to 1 hour, all rural police stations have been closed and the nearest manned station is 25-30 miles away.
I wouldnt bother with the car, where I am I could walk out and be in the Devon countryside within 1-5 minutes, take my already packed go bag and disappear, once I get clear-a few miles walk I will go to ground and then only travel at dusk and dawn, hold up during the day and stay hidden.
i expect we've all seen "Hunted" and know where people have gone wrong!

RE: We have a Fugitive on the Run. - Joe - 2 March 2021

I would be leaving the car as it will be spotted in minutes (it’s very obvious). Instead I would grab the BOB and the mountain bike and go over the back fence (no one sees you leaving). Within a minute I am off all the roads and in the forest with the ability to move at least 10 miles without hitting a road. I should be able to maintain apx 20mph as I cycle the route regularly and know it pretty well.
I am aware the chopper could be deployed but I doubt this will happen in the first 20 mins and by then I will be miles away.
Once I clear the obvious search areas then it’s time to bunker down for about 24hrs. I will use the tarp with the mylar blanket a few inches below it to reduce the infrared signature. I’m in a very dense wood so not easy to stumble across.
The contents of the BOB should keep me going for over a week but if it’s in the dead of winter it’s not going to be easy if it drops below-10 degC.
For resupply I have about £100 in the bag but I don’t see shops as a viable option, instead I might head into another town and check out supermarket skips but this does carry a risk. This I see as the risky option and it might be safer to travel further to the BOL which has a cache.
So in summary a week would be very easy but months would be extremely difficult.

RE: We have a Fugitive on the Run. - bigpaul - 3 March 2021

any foray into a town, for any reason, brings someone into the realm of CCTV, all supermarkets have CCTV (even our small town Co-op has CCTV) and then there are the informers who spot the "suspect". best to avoid.

RE: We have a Fugitive on the Run. - Joe - 3 March 2021

Totally agree BP but a baseball cap is defence against big brother. However avoiding towns is the way to go but not easy after a few weeks unless you have a resupply system in place.

RE: We have a Fugitive on the Run. - bigpaul - 3 March 2021

depends on whether you keep moving about like a refugee or go to ground.
a knowledge of bushcraft and foraging would go a long way also come hunting/snaring/fishing skills.

RE: We have a Fugitive on the Run. - Mortblanc - 3 March 2021

What a ridiculous scenerio!

1. I would not do anything. Were I to accomplish that level of deplorable conduct I would be already living underground and well insulated from the consequences of my actions.

If you are only 15 minutes ahead of TPTB your plan was crap to start with and they are already locked onto ever CCTV camera between you and your "bug out location".

They spotted you when you went out to walk the dog this morning and have been tracking you all day. See there, you should have picked up that dog poo rather than just walking away! Now they are pi$$ed at you and the dog.

2. Were I to need to head for parts unknown it should be well in advance of whatever "triggered" this search, possibly by months. The best choice would not be inside the US or UK. A compound in Pakistan just outside a military base sounds good, and I would expect to be untouchable for at least ten years.

It worked for Osama.