Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handy way to carry a length of Paracord
27 June 2012, 07:03,
RE: Handy way to carry a length of Paracord
pretty cool! although i prefer the 550 cord belts myself, ive recently found a few sources of authentic 550 cord and im gonna be testing them out to see which is best, then ill be making lots and lots and lots of paracord belts with emergency whistle+quick release belt buckles on! (roughly 50 foot of cord and it'll fit a 32" waist!) if anyone is interested in buying some ill be happy to sell them Smile....i'd even include instructions on re weaving thems if anyone wants, also ill be buying the cord by the 1000ft spool, so ill be able to sell the cord on for a decent price (ill be doing my own independent tests on their weight tolerances and stretch amounts and things that ill probably put up on youtube as some videos so people can see Smile....anyways would be good to gauge interest so if anyones interested, pipe up!
22 May 2013, 14:50,
(27 June 2012, 07:03)Hrusai Wrote: pretty cool! although i prefer the 550 cord belts myself, ive recently found a few sources of authentic 550 cord and im gonna be testing them out to see which is best, then ill be making lots and lots and lots of paracord belts with emergency whistle+quick release belt buckles on! (roughly 50 foot of cord and it'll fit a 32" waist!) if anyone is interested in buying some ill be happy to sell them Smile....i'd even include instructions on re weaving thems if anyone wants, also ill be buying the cord by the 1000ft spool, so ill be able to sell the cord on for a decent price (ill be doing my own independent tests on their weight tolerances and stretch amounts and things that ill probably put up on youtube as some videos so people can see Smile....anyways would be good to gauge interest so if anyones interested, pipe up!

Hey mate. Are u still making them belts? Very interested.
23 May 2013, 14:57,
Im planning on buying a long bit of paracord and weaving it over the top tube of the bike, that or the handlebar stem. handy for when i need it,
23 May 2013, 15:00,
just carry a length of it in your bag or in your pocket, trouble with belts and bracelets and weaving it around your bike is it takes too long to undo it, you'll probably need it more readily accessible.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 May 2013, 15:22,
(23 May 2013, 15:00)bigpaul Wrote: just carry a length of it in your bag or in your pocket, trouble with belts and bracelets and weaving it around your bike is it takes too long to undo it, you'll probably need it more readily accessible.

Those bracelets really make me laugh. People wear them day in day out, they get soaked in sweat, they get wet and dirty. This eats into the cord and makes it weaker. Just carry a hank of paracord in your pocket. Take up no room at all.
23 May 2013, 20:06,
(23 May 2013, 15:00)bigpaul Wrote: just carry a length of it in your bag or in your pocket, trouble with belts and bracelets and weaving it around your bike is it takes too long to undo it, you'll probably need it more readily accessible.

I have been thinking of making two long weaves of pard cord and attaching them to the inside sleeves or down the inside front of my combat jacket. Maybe even both. Can never have enough para cord.
23 May 2013, 23:44,
I like having a lanyard on some of my knives. Makes for easier grabbing from pockets or bags when wearing gloves. Use a python/cobra tie, then add a tent cord adjuster to finish it off, like a slip-proof item. Works a treat!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
24 May 2013, 02:28,
Or you can tie tasuki.
Basically the way a kimono is tied so the sleeves don't get in your way when you need your arms and hands free of them.

Actually it is a variation and not exactly as the Japanese do it. I got the idea while watching a video that my ex mother in law had given me a few years ago...

After getting the cross done behind your back, you can wrap the rest around your waist like a belt.
You would need about your own body length to ties over your shoulders and across your back and about that much again or more to loop around your waist a number of times. You can then hang what you please from the armpits and the new 'belt'. The put on your baggy coat as normal and go about your business...
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.