Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympics finished Yippee!
14 August 2012, 07:13,
Olympics finished Yippee!
That went well then.
Nothing terrorist related happened, no viral bombs, naught, nil, nothing!

Yet today I read that it'll take 2 years for the military to recover.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-new...-31618228/
In the mean time G4S go swanning off with their easily made millions.
Apart from that (and I really, really, dislike G4S) what was the actual threat?

I know that there are bad guys out there. You'd be pretty stupid to think otherwise but just how much is pure political and media hype.
As a target for terrorism, the games should have been a terrorists wet dream. They could have targeted the worlds "aggressors" i.e. America, Israel, UK, and other NATO countries all in one hit.
Yet, nothing.

Don't take me wrong, I'm happy nothing did happen although when the opening ceremony took place I was firmly inside, curtains closed, NBC gear close by, waiting for instant sunshine to occur.

Is the threat actually there?
Some will say there is proof in the London bombings that the threat is credible.
I sort of agree yet TPTB allowed our home grown terrorists and their extreme religious fanaticism mature into the attacks and did precisely nothing.
Or was that TPTB way of kick starting the surveillance we are enduring today?
Simple sheeple manipulation. Let an event occur, impose loads of restrictions whilst telling the sheeple it's all for their own good.
NWO levels of surveillance applied without any controversy.

My thoughts keep returning to the bigger threat of financial ruin of Europe, and the super state AKA New World Order than some idiot with an IED or gun.
After all financial ruin of a country started the last world war.
Currently there are an assortment of places drowning in superstate generated debt including us.

Yet we are still told to primarily worry about Afghanistan and terrorism.
It all seems a bit screwy to me.

14 August 2012, 08:13,
RE: Olympics finished Yippee!
Most of the police, security and G4S were in one place...The games, leaving the rest of London a sitting target,
It would have been so easy for a naughty person/persons (Don't believe in labels like terrorist) to have caused havoc,
I think it's all hype and now our govt can turn around and say...."See chaps, we did it again, looked after the U.k, made some more friends from overseas and because we spent millions on security...we stopped any threat what so ever, now let's pat ourselfs on the back and have a cup of tea"
Dickheads....grrrrrrrrr...................
If all we have to be proud about is that we can throw a ball, shoot an arrow and jump some fooking hurdles...God help us all...
Yes I'm grumpy, Not had my nicotine or caffeine fix, so see ya all in 10 mins, x
14 August 2012, 08:32,
£9 Billion plus wasted on a two week sporting event whilst across much of the UK people are reliant on food banks, what a bloody waste of money.

14 August 2012, 08:57,
(14 August 2012, 08:32)NorthernRaider Wrote: £9 Billion plus wasted on a two week sporting event whilst across much of the UK people are reliant on food banks, what a bloody waste of money.

Agreed. Huge waste of money, just like the Millenium dome....

All good distraction PR for the Sheeple though if you're in government.

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

14 August 2012, 09:05,
it was fun and i enjoyed watching it, but for the amount of money it cost i'd be pissed if it was really shit Tongue

but yes, too much money, too little gain Tongue
14 August 2012, 09:06, (This post was last modified: 14 August 2012, 09:07 by NorthernRaider.)
Thats what it was meant to do, its just a good coincidence it occuired this summer cos its so far prevented the estates from erupting into riots again.
Just imagine all the good that could be done in the UK if we took the 9 Billion foreign aid money, 9 billion Olympics money and the 12 billion annual EU membership costs THIRTY BILLION POUNDS, just think what could be achieved if our tax money was spent on us.

14 August 2012, 09:11,
(14 August 2012, 09:06)NorthernRaider Wrote: Thats what it was meant to do, its just a good coincidence it occuired this summer cos its so far prevented the estates from erupting into riots again.
Just imagine all the good that could be done in the UK if we took the 9 Billion foreign aid money, 9 billion Olympics money and the 12 billion annual EU membership costs THIRTY BILLION POUNDS, just think what could be achieved if our tax money was spent on us.

just think what we could do with the money we got already, if the government didnt squander it, i mean the amount they spend on resurfacing a small patch of road is ridiculous!!! since when does it take 8 different vans with signs on to say, we're working on this bit of road?

i just think if they "shopped around" and did things differently we wouldnt have half the problems we do!

run it like a frickin business, not like a charity.
14 August 2012, 09:36,
I remember when I had to go on a giro....I was told I could get an EMERGENCY loan.
An hour on the phone trying to get through, Every question under the sun I.E...When did you last have money? What did you spend it on? Do you have savings, bonds, investments ? Do you own your house? What colour knickers are you wearing(not really but may as well )
Then I waited 2 hours on them calling back to offer me half of what I needed until my payments got sorted, Then I had to pay it back at quarter of my giro a fortnight.
I then had to walk 3 miles to the job center and wait 2 hours on a giro with loads of drunken bums and druggies.
All this for £50.
I think I will ask them again this time for a pair of Nike trainers so I can train for the next Olympics....
Why not? That's where all the cash gets thrown grrrrr
14 August 2012, 10:52,
Every time I have applied I've been turned down, gave up trying over 12 years ago.

14 August 2012, 10:54,
i'm glad the olympics is over, maybe now we can have some REAL news on for a change.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.