Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What should I prep for?
25 August 2012, 10:39,
RE: What should I prep for?
(25 August 2012, 10:36)bigpaul Wrote: i dont want some leader ordering me about..if so i'd be offski! i think everyone should do what their best at, be it growing, animal husbandry, cooking, hunting etc.etc. for the benefit of the group/tribe/clan.

day to day yes, but how would you make decisions that effect the whole group?

cant just leave it to one person and then everyone else kicks up, unless its group consensus they make the decision!
25 August 2012, 10:44,
(25 August 2012, 10:39)Hrusai Wrote:
(25 August 2012, 10:36)bigpaul Wrote: i dont want some leader ordering me about..if so i'd be offski! i think everyone should do what their best at, be it growing, animal husbandry, cooking, hunting etc.etc. for the benefit of the group/tribe/clan.

cant just leave it to one person and then everyone else kicks up, unless its group consensus they make the decision!
nope, major decisions would have to be done at group level, with the "talking stick" principle and a show of hands at the end.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 August 2012, 10:46,
fair play i guess Smile
25 August 2012, 10:47, (This post was last modified: 25 August 2012, 10:48 by Tigs.)
(25 August 2012, 10:36)bigpaul Wrote: i think everyone should do what their best at, be it growing, animal husbandry, cooking, hunting etc.etc. for the benefit of the group/tribe/clan.

that would happen but with out someone that could organize it it could quickly end up in anarchy and people would starve of kill each other !

(25 August 2012, 10:44)bigpaul Wrote:
(25 August 2012, 10:39)Hrusai Wrote:

nope, major decisions would have to be done at group level, with the "talking stick" principle and a show of hands at the end.
true but there would always be a need for someone to make a dissension that no one else wants to make or to break a tie

25 August 2012, 10:49,
Draw from a hat then? I did this to name my daughter and got downstairs to pick a name from a hat Smile
25 August 2012, 10:55,
like i say the best natural leader would come to the front in my option ! i had officers that i would have followed through the gates of hell ( in Iraq and Afghanistan i think we did at time!) and then there were others i would not follow crossing a road !!
25 August 2012, 10:56,
i think natural leaders and a desire for fairness are why democracy will always happen Tongue
25 August 2012, 11:01,
very true , there will still be those that want to lead because it gives them power i guess its just nature but they would be replaced when someone better comes along
25 August 2012, 11:48,
Wow, all round the houses and back again. 27 replies.
Lets' rephrase the question.

What's coming first?
Go on "guess-timate"
Economic collapse or civil / World disorder?
25 August 2012, 11:53,
W.D.. Then followed by E.C because it would have cost to much to go to war.