Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone hunting with dogs?
17 June 2013, 13:36,
RE: Anyone hunting with dogs?
I train my whippets to run as fast as possible and they love it. Whippets are the classic poachers dog! They naturally want to run, chase, hunt, and bite!

One thing I like to do is to get them in their harness, and hold them back when they are trying to run ahead of me. They continue to pull HARD against me. This builds up their sprint power. They naturally love to chase each other, so that makes their chasing ability and direction changing top notch! No doubt they could hunt already, but I'm not going to hunt with dogs, because it is illegal!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
17 June 2013, 13:50,
it is now! a bit like a few other things. but post shtf all bets are off!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 June 2013, 14:03,
(17 June 2013, 13:50)bigpaul Wrote: it is now! a bit like a few other things. but post shtf all bets are off!Tongue

No complaints here Wink
17 June 2013, 14:04,
(17 June 2013, 14:03)Scythe13 Wrote:
(17 June 2013, 13:50)bigpaul Wrote: it is now! a bit like a few other things. but post shtf all bets are off!Tongue

No complaints here Wink

good god! you mean we actually agree on something!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 June 2013, 15:00,
(17 June 2013, 14:04)bigpaul Wrote:
(17 June 2013, 14:03)Scythe13 Wrote:
No complaints here Wink
good god! you mean we actually agree on something!!Big GrinBig Grin

I wouldn't go that far haha.
17 June 2013, 20:57,
i have 6 terriers, they are used for ratting and rabbiting mainly,sometimes for flusing the odd fox to guns,all done legally in the uk
17 June 2013, 22:35,
My dogs good at finding fox poo and rolling in it, he would love to chase a fox but hes on the lead as soon as hes spotted.

working dogs is on the increase, unfortunatly dog fighting/badger baiting is,popular. One of the main issues at the moment is people lamping deer thwn setting lurchers after them, similar to lamping rabbits, but the deer are used ti seeing vehicles wich allowsthem to get up close.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
18 June 2013, 12:06,
Wasn't expecting to see this many here, Stewart do you enjoy it?
Winning is not enough
18 June 2013, 18:25,
yes mate,ratting is good fun,but poisen kills a lot more,rabbiting is fast and furious,but my terriers and ferrets don,t mix very well. tried getting number one dog too to fetsh shot birds but he just eats em or crunches them up before giving them up.

i can hunt rats but not mice,can use a terrier to flush foxes to guns to protect game birds,but not to protect lambs,chucks,etc .the hunting law is a very poorly thought out peice of law
18 June 2013, 18:30,
(18 June 2013, 18:25)Stewart Wrote: .the hunting law is a very poorly thought out peice of law

you said it mate, the worst law in the history of this island,and is based on class hatred rather than animal welfare, to say nothing that a lot of hunts are made up of farmers and ordinary people.