Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving ORDINARY radio reception ??
19 June 2013, 11:28,
Improving ORDINARY radio reception ??
To improve my ordary AM/FM radio reception on my household recievers can I just extend the height of the telescopic antenna with some wire and a crocodile clip ???

19 June 2013, 11:31, (This post was last modified: 19 June 2013, 11:34 by Prepper1.)
RE: Improving ORDINARY radio reception ??
I used to comedy mine to a water pipe or the tv aeriel.

I meant comedy, stupid phone keypad......

Damn damn damn Dan I mean connect..... Arrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!

its this phone keypad, it only works with fingers not a little stylus, I've got big sausage fingers though.....
Not like the little china man that made it.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
19 June 2013, 11:36,
what about dab , i retune mine loads of new stations 2days later gone or very poor reception
Survive the jive (youtube )
19 June 2013, 11:59,
(19 June 2013, 11:36)Sunna Wrote: what about dab , i retune mine loads of new stations 2days later gone or very poor reception

Good point but I tend to also listen to international broadcasts to ensure I'm not getting the PC properganda from the govt, and most international stations dont broadcast in digital.

19 June 2013, 17:47,
(19 June 2013, 11:36)Sunna Wrote: what about dab , i retune mine loads of new stations 2days later gone or very poor reception

Band and propagation conditions change - one day a friend in Canada sounds like he's in the same room with me, 24 hours later I can barely hear him. With a commercial radio, do whatever works... aluminum foil works well on our weather radio.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
19 June 2013, 18:10,
Radios are funny things.Almost anything can be used as an antenna. Try a piece of wire from a baloon. Works good but for your house an antenna on the roof would probably be the best you can do.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 June 2013, 22:44,
This post has taken me back to my first crystal set, I connected mine to the TV areal, happy diode days.
20 June 2013, 19:41,
(19 June 2013, 11:28)NorthernRaider Wrote: To improve my ordary AM/FM radio reception on my household recievers can I just extend the height of the telescopic antenna with some wire and a crocodile clip ???

Yes.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.