Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bushnell 16-36 x 52 Monocular
6 September 2013, 12:56,
Bushnell 16-36 x 52 Monocular
Available from the usual suspects on e-bay for around £10.00 delivered

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Hunting16x52-Larg...~60_12.JPG

Overall length around 15cm, max diameter 52mm.....( ah that's where they got the x52 from!!)

BEWARE THIS ITEM IS NOT QUITE WHAT IT SAYS ON ADVERTISING/ CASE MARKINGS![u]
  • It is not a Bushnell ( of course)
  • It is not 16-36 x 52.

[color=#800000]That's the end of the bad news.

Now the good news:

For a Tenner its a lovely little 8 x 40 scope, with good light transmission glass coated optics. Housing is seemingly robust, with rubberised coating. Focus is razor sharp with little detectable distortion over the entire field of view. Focus control is smooth and satisfyingly viscous. In spite of the markings on the device there is no zoom feature whatsoever. Strangely there is a dioptre adjustment though, which on a monocular is completely unnecessary.It comes with a lightweight nylon case with velcro closure and a belt loop, also a small almost useless lanyard but this attaches to a metal swivel that can be used with a better quality lanyard.

Overall a very pleasant to use and fairly low light spotting scope. I was not expecting too much for the money, I am not disappointed at all even though the false advertising is annoying. For what it is its great. For sure a keeper and its immediately destined for place in my field kit
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

6 September 2013, 13:00,
RE: Bushnell 16-36 x 52 Monocular
for a tenner its probably of some use if not for the original purpose?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 September 2013, 14:23,
RE: Bushnell 16-36 x 52 Monocular
(6 September 2013, 13:00)bigpaul Wrote: for a tenner its probably of some use if not for the original purpose?

It meets its original purpose as an observation/ spotting scope. Its just that it has onl 1/4 of the magnification its supposed to have and there is no zoom function.

8 x magnification is plenty good enough for my needs, and its light and inexpensive enough to carry in the field kit without too much fretting about it gatting damaged or lost.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580