Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Solar Build
22 December 2011, 23:22, (This post was last modified: 22 December 2011, 23:25 by Nemesis.)
Mobile Solar Build
Bought 20 watt PV Mono Solar Panel x2

[Image: sqjqbl.jpg]

And 20Amp 12/24v Solar Charge Controller

[Image: akwpxt.jpg]

6volt 12 AH x2

[Image: 2wnuv68.jpg]

Waterproof Cigarette/Cigar type accessory socket - Rated at 15A x2

[Image: 70ac_12.GIF]

HEC Weatherproof Garden Box IPX4

[Image: dvmu1d.jpg]

Terminal Posts

[Image: nd7i41.jpg]

My thoughts are to make a suitcase type device at half the costs, the flexi type panels were just too much money but if you can afford that then go for it, but for now I am keeping it tight as we can to make a decent mobile rig which is affordable.
I just got back from maplins I picked up two 6 volt 12AH batteries and a multimeter my first one. Smile

[Image: 2wnuv68.jpg]

to wire these in series.

[Image: 1zggebd.jpg]
Got the box today for main housing it is weather proof, in place are the battery’s and the 2 cigarette sockets plus 2 terminal Post, just need to wire it all up and then I can start on the solar panels.

[Image: dvmu1d.jpg]

[Image: amxekp.jpg]

[Image: 2mgo8ip.jpg]

[Image: 2i6cj1g.jpg]

[Image: 2luber9.jpg]

[Image: 2hga6h2.jpg]

[Image: mjwmsh.jpg]

[Image: 1zlahjn.jpg]
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
22 December 2011, 23:26,
RE: Mobile Solar Build
Some one is earning to much Smile

22 December 2011, 23:27, (This post was last modified: 22 December 2011, 23:33 by Nemesis.)
Today I fitted the anchors 4x bolt eyes around the frame, last night I glued on the hinges so today they would be set ready for the rest of build and unit test.

[Image: 2cprwcm.jpg]

[Image: 2mwtqhy.jpg]

[Image: ff0n7c.jpg]

[Image: 13z3cci.jpg]

My thoughts so far this is too heavy for carrying and to divided parts through out the group would be a lot of hassle, the battery box alone would upset people on long trek, I have to accept that a wheel system is in order to maintain the name mobile solar rig, I think I have that bit sussed won't know until early next week.
It extends in height also the bottom extends out and the wheels extend.

Now I don't know should I mount the solar rig to it or mount a bag instead, my thoughts mount a bag so it offers protection to the solar rig as it is moving through the woods.

[Image: o0rp6t.jpg]

[Image: 11qlgew.jpg]

[Image: 2vcf676.jpg]

[Image: qrat83.jpg]
(22 December 2011, 23:26)NorthernRaider Wrote: Some one is earning to much Smile

I wish that was true Undecided
23 December 2011, 01:52, (This post was last modified: 23 December 2011, 01:54 by grumpy old man.)
wish i had the time to post as much as you lot lol.
but cheers W&C i fancy having a go with the solar power it could come in usefull
read yours and NR post have made me think i need to put more plains for things in action
you see cleaver fingers again it should say reading your posts
god how thick am i at typing and computers :.(
to win the war, you must be willing to die
23 December 2011, 10:23,
Well I can see one fault with the trolly design, you cant use anything with wheels on in near Liverpool, if you stop for more than 10 seconds the scousers would have the wheels away. And for london it needs painting pink and grey so it does not offend gays or ethnics.

23 December 2011, 11:49, (This post was last modified: 15 May 2012, 13:52 by Nemesis.)
I think I will remove this post I made as it leads away from the reason of this thread, mobile solar build.
23 December 2011, 12:15,
Yer trolly will need mag wheels, a pin stripe, some furry dice , lowered suspension and a big FO sterio with a blond bird called Sharon to fit right on in darm Landan way, Up here it would need to have a 900 cc engine running through a big bore zorst, used drug materials and a bail order folded to look like a tax disc Smile

23 December 2011, 12:45,
(23 December 2011, 12:15)NorthernRaider Wrote: Yer trolly will need mag wheels, a pin stripe, some furry dice , lowered suspension and a big FO sterio with a blond bird called Sharon to fit right on in darm Landan way, Up here it would need to have a 900 cc engine running through a big bore zorst, used drug materials and a bail order folded to look like a tax disc Smile

You have not allowed for change, now it would be plastic rims to stop getting car jacked, furry dice replaced with some type religious elephant god, they don't even bother to lower anymore, just stick on a fake RS badge, stereo has not changed Smile oh and now a windscreen screen sticker reading Sharon for Muhammad it used to be Sharon for Winston but things have change like I said.