Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First act as moderator
27 April 2014, 11:00,
First act as moderator
Hello everyone.

Your friendly neighbourhood spider Scythe here.

I'm just going to make a quick post that I really hope will help the whole forum, and it is not directed at anyone.

Ignore lists.

Please keep the information about your ignore list private.

Firstly, it is not important, relevant, or civil to say, suggest, or hint at, whom is on your ignore list. Such behaviour is frowned upon, as it is passive aggressive bully. As we can all recognise, bullying will not be tolerated.

Secondly, if someone is on your ignore list, they are there for a reason. If you know their comments are not helpful or worth reading, just keep them ignored. If they do an initial post that's getting good feedback, read it, then comment, but if you generally hate a person's input, put them on your ignore list, then leave them there.

Thirdly, if you are going to use an ignore list as a way to 'undermine' a person or their thread, that will not be tolerated either. As an example, if person A makes a comment that X is a good idea, then Person B comments that X is stupid but uses the excuse of an ignore list to justify their 'accidental attack'...please note we are not idiots and can see what's going on with this kind of thing.

Forthly, if you are using your ignore list as a way of indirectly bullying someone, e.g. bigging up a post in a thread when someone else said the same thing or similar earlier on, that's not cool, and it hints at my first comment. This kind of thing will get you a warning from me...to start with.

Please keep information about your ignore list private.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 April 2014, 11:41,
RE: First act as moderator
I do not use this option....cause I is real cool.
27 April 2014, 12:11,
RE: First act as moderator
Keep up the good work mods team and give the members the forum they deserve.