Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Sit X.
12 June 2014, 08:17,
Post Sit X.
following on from Mary's excellent post "come on admit it", she made a remark about 60 million(actually its 63.7 million) people roaming the UK, you don't really think ALL the population will survive once the food stops being delivered to the supermarkets do you? once all the food that has been delivered or all the "delivery depots"(I went past the Morrisons's one on the M5 yesterday) have been emptied, trashed and burnt, and with most people only keeping 3 or 4 days food in the house(the supermarkets only keep 3 days worth of food at any time) people will soon start dying from hunger, starvation and disease. the first MONTH will be the time when we have to hunker down and stay quiet, after that the sheeple will start dying in droves either for the reasons already mentioned or through fights and suicide. live through this first month and you will see the population drastically reduce in numbers, I would expect within 6 months for the population to be HALF of its original number and it dosent stop there.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 June 2014, 14:40,
RE: Post Sit X.
the only ones roaming looking for food [wild peasWink] would be the younger fitter ones mums,kids, old , sick would have to stay put .

how long did it take bobby sands [ira terrorist] to die living on just water.

folk have been getting buy on leaves and grass in sryia in aleppo and other cut off towns for some time now.
Survive the jive (youtube )
12 June 2014, 14:57, (This post was last modified: 12 June 2014, 15:18 by bigpaul.)
without food NOBODY will be walking very far, every day without food they'll be getting weaker and weaker.

the effects of starvation on the human body: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-eff...vation.htm
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 June 2014, 15:24,
I don't know if you remember the "sugar shortage" episode, BP? Some idiot declared that there would be a shortage and the country panicked? Well, it wasn't the shortage of sugar that alarmed me particularly, it was the speed at which the shops were stripped of sugar. Multiply that one item by many and it is going to look like millions of human locusts. Pretty scary.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
12 June 2014, 15:36,
http://www.lindenwood.edu/jigs/docs/volu.../17-31.pdf

State Sponsored Famine:

Conceptualizing Politically Induced Famine as a Crime Against Humanity

Jlateh Vincent Jappah, MD, MSc
Institute for Global Health
University College London
Jlateh.jappah.10@ucl.ac.uk

Danielle Taana Smith, PhD
Department of Sociology & Anthropology
Rochester Institute of Technology
Danielle.Smith@rit.edu

Abstract

This paper argues for the codification of politically induced famine as a crime against humanity. We use the term “state sponsored famine” to reflect the conceptualization of famine as not merely nature-induced but also as a willfully orchestrated state policy. The specification of faminogenic practices as criminal would subject perpetrators to international jurisdiction and provide deterrence to future offenders. We review traditional conceptualizations of famine as a geophysical event. We explore Amartya Sen’s concept of famine as caused by the collapse of individual entitlement and market exchange dynamics; we also discuss commentary on Sen’s approach. Further, we analyze the limits of these frameworks in accounting for systemic socio-political processes orchestrated by states and/or individuals with authority that cause famine or contribute to its evolvement from a natural disaster into a manmade catastrophe. This paper adds to existing literature that challenges conventional thinking about famine as primarily being the result of natural disaster. There is limited literature in direct opposition to the
criminalization of famine. However, arguments are also presented which point to legal and practical difficulties in criminalizing faminogenic practices.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
12 June 2014, 15:44,
yes Mary, the "Fuel protests" a few years ago are a pointer in the right direction, our (then) local supermarket was stripped of all milk, bread and other perishables within 12 hours and empty shelves were appearing of non perishables within 24 hours, the filling station was out of fuel within one day, and this was in a small town(about 8,000 population) no resupply came for best part of a week and people were panicking.
13 June 2014, 11:34,
We seem to have had shortages of things several times in the past couple of years, mainly due to rumors spreading like wildfire and people doing whatever it takes to get hold of whatever is supposedly going to run out.

I remember having to bodily extricate my heavily pregnant wife from a bunch of grannies intent on getting the last bottle of soy sauce from the supermarket after the Fukushima earthquake. Why would people want soy sauce? After the earthquake people were afraid of radiation. When someone pointed out that radiation sickness is treated with iodine, people went wild trying to buy up iodized salt. When that ran out, the started on soy sauce (as that is salty). We have had similar shortages of water twice since then, after tanker trucks hauling cyanide and another poison overturned into our local river / water source. Again, people were fighting for water in the supermarket, regardless of the fact that the govt didn't bother to notify anyone of the contamination until the next day, and that even 20 tons of cyanide in a river the size of ours would be diluted pretty much to nothing in minutes.

Does it make sense? Not in the least, but provided an eye-opener into what will happen if / when there is a food shortage.

Note: I've tried to use these circumstances to illustrate to the family why I want to stockpile food and water, but alas, they still think its a waste of time and money.
13 June 2014, 11:50,
yep, its always a "waste of time and money" UNTIL some emergency happens then they all panic at once! whats wrong with being prepared?..heck when I was in the Boy Scouts it was the motto we lived by......and I still do!!!!
13 June 2014, 14:14, (This post was last modified: 13 June 2014, 14:17 by Tartar Horde.)
My favourite Roman, M Portius Cato, who wrote a book on farm management which is a superb insight into Roman farming practices, also penned what I believe is a great motto: "fortuna favit mentat paratae" Fortune favours the prepared mind.

Here;s the link to the book
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/?...management
13 June 2014, 17:03,
Sort of like the US Coast Guard motto, Tartar Hoard - semper paratus - always ready!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!