Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Portable Solar Panel set up
29 November 2014, 12:12,
New Portable Solar Panel set up
Just clicked the buy it now button on the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0086...ge_o00_s00

I've been watching it for a couple of months now and the price had previously been creeping up and was over £200.00 at one point, but at less than £150 for an 80w self contained, totally portable system and waterproof system I think its good value and the panels are BOSCH, not cheap Chinese $hite.

The price has dropped twice this week already, just hope it doesn't drop much further now I've bought it Wink
29 November 2014, 14:26,
RE: New Portable Solar Panel set up
Thanks for that DEV .......all i need now is some bread LOL....a great set up, will get one ...one day
29 November 2014, 14:42,
what will you be using it for?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2014, 16:18,
That's a very good price...I've been scanning e bay for 12 month's keeping tabs on them.....the only reason I haven't bought one as yet is that they have a limited(cells)lifespan even when just stored they degrade so I've been hanging on and hanging on but at that price it may just be worth taking the plunge.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
29 November 2014, 17:15, (This post was last modified: 29 November 2014, 17:21 by Devonian.)
(29 November 2014, 14:42)bigpaul Wrote: what will you be using it for?

Charging 12v Leisure batteries (and also the Landy when it's left standing). Also useful when we go away on camping/green laning trips to remote locations such as the Welsh mountains.

I have a 12v cool box/fridge which is used when camping, but will now also be able to be used as a fridge in the event of the grid being down.

The charged 12v leisure batteries together with 12v invertors can then be used for all manner of backup purposes including 12v lighting, and running other 240v appliances, but also from a business/work perspective I can keep the laptop running which means in short term events I can still keep working and generating money....

Also it allows me to keep AA/AAA batteries; Mobile Phones; 2 way radios; AM/FM Radios etc all charged.

Being portable and waterproof, means I can also take it with me and move it around, so its not fixed in one location Wink

So lots of uses....

(29 November 2014, 16:18)Midnitemo Wrote: That's a very good price...I've been scanning e bay for 12 month's keeping tabs on them.....the only reason I haven't bought one as yet is that they have a limited(cells)lifespan even when just stored they degrade so I've been hanging on and hanging on but at that price it may just be worth taking the plunge.

I've been watching for quite a while as well, and this particular setup had been increasing in price over the last few months and just last week it was on Amazon/Ebay for £200, but earlier this week it dropped to £177 and then yesterday to £147 and I thought that was a good price, but was just slightly hesitatnt in case it drops again, but I think its more likely to go back up than down......

(29 November 2014, 14:26)Straight Shooter Wrote: Thanks for that DEV .......all i need now is some bread LOL....a great set up, will get one ...one day

Early Christmas pressie to yourself Smile

They've got identical setups from 30W upwards which are obviously a bit cheaper, I think the 30W is about £90, but I wanted the extra umph that 80W would give.