No
I have something else
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life
14 March 2015, 21:56,
RE: 10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life
(14 March 2015, 00:20)Sunna Wrote: paracord is part of the bug out dreamer dimwits mindset , go into the countryside mile after mile of wire fence , barns full of hay/straw tied with string and more than not string laying about in those barns.

Nylon baler twine (not string) and paracord are completely different things. Yes Baler twine is very widely used on farms as there are miles of it just going to waste and farmers do not like to waste! But if you have ever used it, you will also know that as soon as you tie a knot in it, then that knot is staying there and you will have to cut it to release the twine.

Also because of the loose multi strand nature of the product you cannot easily carry around 20 or 30 feet of the stuff in the same way as you with paracord, as the twine will knot up, come unravelled, take up a lot more space in your pocket/bag and is just not a great product to be using.

Yes it's fine if you want to bodge a repair on a field fence or secure a fertiliser/feed bag, but paracord can also do that plus a lot more.
15 March 2015, 09:15,
Here's a shock, never used Paracord, never bought any either.
15 March 2015, 11:41,
a lot of prepping stuff is...just in case....just in case of what....the world goes tits up and you have 25ft of pc wraped around ya dong so you can build a shelter and survive [play camp] I would walk /drive into the same countryside and stay in a barn or horse box ,somebodys home /shed / greenhouse / caravan....I could go on.
Survive the jive (youtube )
15 March 2015, 12:51,
Don't get me wrong it's very useful stuff and very versatile, I've just never had a reason to use Paracord. The thing I like about Rope/Cordage is that you can unravel the skeins and break it down into smaller units. Once you know how to make cordage you are never going to be without materials to make it, it's everywhere.
15 March 2015, 14:36,
I have 100ft of paracord in my bug out bag because it's a fantastic product which is very strong/resilient/compact and divisible but I'm loath to have it on display because it marks you out as a prepper/survivalist or wannabee...I have it just not on my wrist.....I don't subscribe to the theory that it can do everything and save your life singlehandedly...its just a handy tool/aid and saves you having to improvise which we all know is time consuming and inneficient in comparison.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
15 March 2015, 18:47,
(15 March 2015, 11:41)Sunna Wrote: a lot of prepping stuff is...just in case....just in case of what....the world goes tits up and you have 25ft of pc wraped around ya dong so you can build a shelter and survive [play camp] I would walk /drive into the same countryside and stay in a barn or horse box ,somebodys home /shed / greenhouse / caravan....I could go on.

Don't worry about us preppers Saunna, you are not really into prepping and simply intend to take what you need as you go along and have a less than satisfactory view of most of our gear.

King of the Golden Horde?

And what you wrap around your dong is of no real interest to any of us.

Does anyone really want to know why new members do not hang around, contribute and join in?
15 March 2015, 20:41,
in one of your posts mort you said nothing had come along in 250,000 years to wipe out man [or something like that] I agree I don't prep for some ebola or black death , war or monsters from outa space.

I prep for more realistic events.

weather
flood
power cut
strikes
as for the gear....I think most of it is overpriced boys toys....for middle aged men who want a different hobby.

and iv never made anybody leave a forum , unlike you with you sharp wit ....gf from difo....ring any bells morty.
Survive the jive (youtube )
15 March 2015, 21:42,
lets stay on the topic,keep it nice. thankyou
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
15 March 2015, 22:14,
(15 March 2015, 18:47)Mortblanc Wrote: Don't worry about us preppers Saunna, you are not really into prepping and simply intend to take what you need as you go along and have a less than satisfactory view of most of our gear.

I see your point Mort, but look at it from a different angle - Sunna is preparing by observing and thinking about what he will need. If TSHTF many people will be confused and disoriented, business premises will be abandoned. Sunna will already know what he needs and where to get it. When Joe Bloggs is raiding the off-licence for vodka and tobacco Sunna will be at the cash-and-carry loading up with rice.

Many people in the UK are in a situation where savings are just not possible, house prices are stupidly high relative to wages, so "preps" have to be about knowledge not 1000ft of Paracord.

Does that mean Sunna will be welcome at my place after an event ? No.
16 March 2015, 00:49,
While knowledge is better than stupidity who wins;

Knowledge

or

Knowledge with gear?