No
I have something else
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life
16 March 2015, 01:53,
RE: 10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life
Has the thought occurred to anyone that if you can't afford anything past the hand to mouth daily existence, and are constantly cutting back to afford that, then you are not actively surviving now?
16 March 2015, 20:11,
(16 March 2015, 01:53)Mortblanc Wrote: Has the thought occurred to anyone that if you can't afford anything past the hand to mouth daily existence, and are constantly cutting back to afford that, then you are not actively surviving now?

Would Paracord help ?
16 March 2015, 20:38,
times are hard over here mort ,fuel is £1.16 a litre that's pounds not dollars ,my friend .we do what we can
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
16 March 2015, 21:56,
I would've thought if you were getting by each day at a time & living hand to mouth, you were surviving???

Para cord is handy if you need cheap strong rope, I have some but only to use in the garden.

Although I'm a little worried by the fact I'm agreeing with Sunna more & more often, I also prep for some short-term disaster/emergency rather than the impending world soon that some think will happen. If I'm wrong, don't let it worry you as I'll be doing enough worrying for everyone.
16 March 2015, 23:48, (This post was last modified: 16 March 2015, 23:56 by Straight Shooter.)
I think MB is living in the past.....i do the same truth told ....but MB take a look how many millions of your countrymen are on food stamps, jobs what jobs ? its the same here....part time low pay zero hour contracts....its time for all to wake up ! and smell the coffee....the good times are long gone , tumps of shit are coming down the track, austerity measures over here are about 30 % fulfilled ...because of the GE the rest is set aside till after that .....so that,s what we over here can look forward to even more far reaching shit....so what have you Americans got to look forward to MB ....the american dream is GONE ...i do wonder if it ever existed, america will go the same way as the former, down the pan, you will be in the best possible company ...of corrupt countries to try at world domination ....its like painting a ceiling...your on your step ladder reaching for the corner...rather than move the ladder....your confident you can get there ...then overreach and come crashing down to earth ......breaking your neck....shit happens man !

sorry guys a lot off topic but hey! live with it !

P.S. paracord is great for suspending yourself from a IBEAM say 6" off the floor !
24 March 2015, 21:51,
Sort of related.

Last weekend I had to sew up some leather ( bloody dog decided to eat part of a leather sofa ). I have good quality sailmakers needles, but I couldn't find my strong thread. I thought about using braid fishing line, but the stuff I have has got yellow woven into it which doesn't look too good on a black sofa. Then I remembered that I have a 4oz spool of Fastflite+ bow string, it's thin enough to sew with ( you use 9 thicknesses to make up the bow string ), it's black, waxed, and very strong. Perfect.

Anyway, back on subject, a spool of this would make a useful addition to your BOB, it knots quite well, is very strong, light, black. Add a couple of sailmakers needles and you can repair clothes, boots, tarps etc. etc., plus make a bowstring, snare or whatever. It can be split apart further to make fishing line or sew finer stuff.

Perhaps this is a worthy alternative to paracord.
24 March 2015, 22:56,
A very handy tip...while a keep piles of needles and threads of various types ...this idea has more uses...will get some more soon , good post steve!
25 March 2015, 16:26,
On a another related tangent, has anyone ever used Kevlar thread like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kevlar-Sewing-Th...CQJ9V99WV6

Looks ideal for making strong lasting repairs to footwear, clothing and other items...
25 March 2015, 18:00,
about to order some, cheers dev !
25 March 2015, 20:59,
If you have a source for old fibre-optic cable you will find a very useful kevlar string inside, it's there because it has incredibly low stretch and really high breaking strain, it protects the glass fibre-optics from breaking if the cable is stretched.

Scrap yards hate the stuff, no metal inside.