Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old type Dental key
21 June 2016, 17:40,
Old type Dental key
There seems next to no chance of getting hold of a dental extraction tool, thoughts turn to what you do in an emergency, i have had quite a few and there are dentists supposedly ready available, to get them to extract is another matter, they used to use a tool called a dental key in the era before so called modern dentistry, the thing about it was it did work, looked like a mortice type lock key.
Wish i had one that is all i am saying.
21 June 2016, 18:07,
RE: Old type Dental key
Check Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40...t&_sacat=0
21 June 2016, 19:55,
I got a complete set of dental tools from eBay. Not cheap but I thought worth it. Although as they looked more like pliers and other bits of torture equipment I think you could improvise.

The bit that will always cause you the issue will be the painkillers, anaesthetic and the antibiotics.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 June 2016, 20:02,
Looks like just the thing for interrogating prisoners... Ugh~!

Brings back memories of HM1 Morgan and the Pusser's Rum! Suffice to say we were someplace we weren't supposed to be in 1970. Skipper had abscessed tooth. Morgan studied the chapter on tooth extraction in the Ship's Medicine Chest, the tooth got out, we didn't break radio silence and 1st Class Pharmacist Mate Morgan eventually made Chief and later went to dental school... And the old boy is still practicing dentistry a short drive from Quantico, VA.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
21 June 2016, 20:36,
(21 June 2016, 19:55)Skean Dhude Wrote: I got a complete set of dental tools from eBay. Not cheap but I thought worth it. Although as they looked more like pliers and other bits of torture equipment I think you could improvise.

The bit that will always cause you the issue will be the painkillers, anaesthetic and the antibiotics.

orajel i find is really good the red extra strong one.

chloraseptic spray might be worth looking into
23 June 2016, 16:07,
I'm in no way saying I'm 'tough' thick skinned more like but to be honest dentists and their barbaric profession I hate with a vengeance. I had four fillings in one go as a young lad and vowed after that to look after my teeth which I've done all my life.

Look after your teeth or loose them...do your best not to fall under the butchers pliers.

As SD said "The bit that will always cause you the issue will be the painkillers, anaesthetic and the antibiotics"
ATB
Harry