The New Zealand Experience
13 November 2016, 17:31,
The New Zealand Experience
To whom it may concern.

https://www.rt.com/news/366772-zealand-q...ge-threat/

7.8 quake

Continuous 5.0 aftershocks

Tsunami has already swept the coast.

I guess no pace if perfect, especially if located dead square on top of the Ring of Fire.
13 November 2016, 19:54,
RE: The New Zealand Experience
I have a couple of friends in separate parts of the South Island , both safe but deeply shocked , one even contemplating coming home and she's been there over 20 years.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
13 November 2016, 22:29,
A 7.8 quake is no small thing and can bring down a lot of infrastructure, crumble a road system, bring down bridges and damage everything standing beyond repair.

Even the 5 point aftershocks are enough to cause severe damage in built up areas. The occasional 5 point quakes in California cause billions of $$$ damage to structures and networks.
14 November 2016, 00:23,
Nasty, but the Kiwi's get on with life.
ATB
Harry
14 November 2016, 10:20,
A good reminder that from a location to live point of view, conditions in the UK are benign compared to many other places in the world.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

14 November 2016, 13:58,
I want to live in a country where they still show respect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Qtc_zlGhc
ATB
Harry
10 April 2017, 12:58,
Kiwis and Maoris alike are used to quakes. We had several when I lived there many years ago (near Christchurch, South Island). NZ is an amazing place.
11 April 2017, 13:32,
I'm moving there myself full time. I was there a few months ago and am going back in August to look at properties.
ATB
Harry
17 April 2017, 13:28,
Good luck Harry, I'm sure you'll love it.
17 April 2017, 15:25,
We nearly emigrated there...when were first married....had it all sorted job offers for time served carpenters in the Christchurch area were many , housing was just about sorted ,paperwork sorted and a start date .....SS....bottled out , many of my friends who have been there love the place....i sometimes look back and regret my decision , but there you go , a farmer friend had a trip over a few years back and was seriously thinking of selling up and moving there ....then ill health put the mockers on that idea ...