Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi to all
7 November 2017, 09:51,
RE: Hi to all
Hello Pete ! well you arrived here ! but you'r here ....that's the main thing, Welcome !
7 November 2017, 17:08,
Pete,

Hill walking and pistol shooting, loading your own ammunition sounds alot like me. Because you say "were" your hobbies, I don't know if you are still able to pursue this, perhaps not with current legal restraints. In my home state of West Virginia, an adult without criminal record can carry a handgun either concealed or openly, without a permit, except for specific prohibited areas such as a post office, government building, school, etc.

My current project is a S&W Victory Model Hand Ejector in .380 Mk2 Rimmed (.38 S&W) which has British proofs, but marked U.S. Property. It was sent across the pond via Lend-Lease by FDR during WW2 and after the war returned here and sold as surplus prior to 1968. A great many of these were rechambered to accept the longer .38 Special, but thios one is thoroughly original, complete with gray canvas RAF holster. I will try to attach a photo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
7 November 2017, 20:06,
Hi Charles
I am still walking but not so much, as for shooting, 20 years ago a school massacre at Dunblane and a weak government bowing down to newspapers and public pressure lead to a ban of hand guns in private hands.
I had a S&W model 15 4inch barrel with which I shot police pistol and model 27 6inch barrel 357 for when I wanted a bigger bang, happy days. I used Hercules Red Dot or Bullseye powders.
Now only the bad guys have guns.
7 November 2017, 22:17,
Pete,

Great choices in revolvers and powders. Many Brit expats living here enjoy the freedoms here you have lost at home.
Now if someone would only run a proper pub nearby. I have to drive to Upperville or Middleburg, VA to find decent bangers and mash with lager served at the proper temperature...

I'm fortunate that a missionary friend sent me a kilo of excellent Ceylon Tea BOP (Camellia sinensis) from Galle, Sri Lanka which produces a dark cup with a good body that is mellow and brisk. As you probably know this tea holds up well to the addition of milk and is the best I have found similar to those favored for India chai or breakfast tea in UK. I have found a USA source for it in bulk, if MB or any of the other Yanks lurking here would like to remember what a proppa cuppa is like...

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA