Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File this under WTF?
4 April 2018, 15:38,
Exclamation  File this under WTF?
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ho...r-12300739

Homeowner, 78, arrested for MURDER after 'burglar armed with screwdriver stabbed to death during break-in'
By Ben CusackDanya BazaraaNews ReporterMatthew Young
09:46, 4 APR 2018UPDATED14:43, 4 APR 2018

The man was initially arrested on suspicion of GBH while murder detectives investigate the fatal incident in Hither Green, south London, and was later further arrested on suspicion of murder

A 78-year-old homeowner has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a suspected burglar 'armed with a screwdriver was stabbed to death during a break-in'.

Police were called to reports of a burglary at a house in Hither Green in South London at around 12:45 am this morning, in a road described as "very quiet".

When officers arrived they said they found that the homeowner had got into a struggle with one of two suspected burglars after he'd been forced into the kitchen.

A spokesman said: "A struggle had ensued in the kitchen during which one of the males found inside the property sustained a stab wound to the upper body."

The 38-year-old suspected burglar died after a single stab wound, police have confirmed.

Forensics experts were sweeping the scene for clues this morning, with several officers in white suits in the area. One was seen examining several cars parked on the pavement.

The homeowner was initially arrested on suspicion of GBH while murder cops investigate the fatal incident. He was later further arrested on suspicion of murder.

Officers were called shortly before 1am by a homeowner to reports of a burglary in progress at an address in South Park Crescent, Hither Green, and a man injured.

The injured man, who was found collapsed in Further Green Road, was taken to a central London hospital by the London Ambulance Service but died from his injuries at 3.37am.

Police said the second burglary suspect fled the scene before they arrived, and they are still trying to track him down.

A police spokesman said: "The 78-year-old resident had found two males inside his address.

"One suspect went upstairs while the homeowner was forced into the kitchen by the second suspect, armed with a screwdriver.

"A struggle had ensued in the kitchen during which one of the males found inside the property sustained a stab wound to the upper body."

The Met confirmed the man's next of kin have been informed, though he has not yet been formally identified.

The 78-year-old homeowner, who remains in custody, was bruised on his arms but his injuries are not life threatening, police have confirmed.

Murder squad detectives have taped off several streets close to where the man was arrested.

The 50-yard cordon covers several streets nearby in an area described by residents as "very quiet".

Officers were called at around 12:45am this morning

Police were called to a road in south east London
An elderly woman who lives at the edge of the cordon, who did not give her name, said: "I woke up in the night and heard a disturbance.

"I didn't get up, but I saw all the police this morning.

"It's scary, this is normally a very quiet area."

The homicide and major crime command will investigate as enquiries continue.

A post-mortem examination for the man who died will be carried out later.

Anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting CAD214/4Apr. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
4 April 2018, 16:08,
RE: File this under WTF?
As i said on London more dangerous than New York.............

THEY SHOULD GIVE THE GUY A MEDAL.

In any reasonable society self defence should be a right.

They used to say “an English mans home is his castle”.
4 April 2018, 16:28,
Should have had both the bastards ....on point of forced entry .....you loose all rights ...as Pete said a medal is in order here...that is how f...ed up society has become....at least in the USA you could light em up (inside your house) ...i think ...yep we need guns over here ...big f..k off ones with hollow point ammo.
4 April 2018, 16:53,
This would be a good time to lobby our MPs about the laws on defending our homes and ourselves.

Just a thought, i wonder what is the ethnic background of the two burglars, if they are immigrants it puts a different perspective on the incident.

Are they in the country legally, where are they from, are they claiming benefits?.
4 April 2018, 18:36,
The rule of thumb is if they don't mention the ethnicity then they are likely to be of an ethnic group. In this case the media actually said one was white.
4 April 2018, 20:24,
I think the pensioner will be fine from a legal standpoint , the burglar was only stabbed once and was allowed to leave with no follow up attack and the second got out unmolested so i can't see that anyone could claim excess force was used , just a formality to charge the homeowner while enquiries are made , think the CPS will say no case to answer in the fullness of time.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
4 April 2018, 20:29,
There is a tremendous amount left unsaid in that report.

Including how this "crime" was accomplished.

We are talking about a 78 year old man overpowering and stabbing a 38 year old intruder, apparently with his own weapon. I am ten years younger and in good condition and would find that a challenge.

It sounds as if someone was asked what happened and they said a little too much in their reply.

Never say a word without legal counsel, no matter how old you are!

In contrast:

http://www.wlwt.com/article/boone-county...er/3524854

This happened about a mile down the lane from me. Makes us senior citizens feel all warm and cozy inside.
4 April 2018, 20:42,
The story is very sketchy and there are assumptions being made , but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a 78 year old can get the better of a 37 year old given he's in his own kitchen and knows it inside out , the 37 year old may be a drug user in a less than perfect state at that time , we're assuming the burglar had his own weapon turned on him but it did happen in a kitchen where i'm sure there was access to many other potential weapons if you know where to look , not suggesting for one second that the average 78 year old would win a contest of strength with an average 37 year old but he may have got the drop on him
4 April 2018, 21:43,
Whatever the circumstances the guy was threatened or attacked in his own home. What would you do?, would you fight back?, until you’re in that position you don’t know, if it were me would i?, i don’t know, perhaps if adrenaline was up.
4 April 2018, 22:18,
In the words of my ex trades union leader , if you fight you might lose but if don't fight you will definately lose , i can't help myself when threatened or challenged the red mist descends
and it has served me well....so far!