Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EDC/GHB latest addition
23 September 2018, 22:48,
RE: EDC/GHB latest addition
Thanks MM i did look on blacks website but did not see it.
9 October 2018, 15:30,
Here’s another couple of items that may be useful in your GHB and BOB , a pair of boot laces, and a pack of microfibre cleaning cloths.

They are dirt cheap, weigh nothing and will pack round items to protect them or stop any rattles, and would be good for personal hygiene, just remember which colour you use on your nether regions.
10 October 2018, 17:22,
I carried boot laces for years, but that was back before 550 cord was available easily.

I replaced all my rough duty boot laces with 550 cord just to have it available as long as my boots were on me.

I have now replaced much of the 550 cord with an item called "bank line" which is a heavy cordage used on trout lines for catching the large fish we have around here. you get two or three 50 kilo catfish on a line and it has to have some strength.

It comes in varying strengths and assorted colors and some of it goes to the 300lb strength. It is also cheap. It can be obtained over her at Walmart or any fishing tackle shop. I am not sure what that equates to in the UK?
10 October 2018, 19:40,
The military issue small diameter utility cord is Mil-C-5040 Type 1A, 100 pound test, used for equipment lanyards and other light-duty uses which don't require the heavier breaking strength of Type III paracord. Similar to bank line, but UV resistant and available in the same colors as paracord. 100-foot rolls are about $7.50 from Best Glide ASE or CountyComm, 1000 ft. spools about $50.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
10 October 2018, 21:33,
Many years ago, it must be in the 80s, i bought a length of 2mm kernmantle cord from a climbing shop.

I’ve used it on keys, lanyards, laces and and many other uses i can’t remember. I tie it with a double fisherman’s knot as you would with climbing rope when making up a sling and heat seal the ends. The stuff is indestructible, all it’s done is get a little stiffer with age.

Come to think about it i’ve got stiffer with age too.?
25 October 2018, 22:03,
(21 September 2018, 08:44)Midnitemo Wrote: New car was my excuse to check modify and repack my GHB , new car has a nifty under floor cubby hole where my gear can live unseen , tis also about the time the winter bits go into the bag/boot , snow shovel/wellies/ski gloves and elmer fudd hat.

Never thought to ask at the time MM, under floor cubbyhole sounds great, what’s the make/model of the new car, it will go on our wanted list.
17 November 2023, 20:22,
We noticed B&M are selling Eveready led head lamps (3w) for £7 , they look ok, worth trying a couple.