Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
popping pellets
17 April 2019, 19:15,
popping pellets
OK, as has been pointed out I am in confinement, and now you must also suffer the wrath of my boredom!

Great day here, 27c and overcast. I went to the shop hoping to utter about and found that squatters had taken over! About 50 red wasps, all in attack mode, setting up housekeeping. I must now go to the store and buy bug bombs for all the sheds.

I did retrieve my digital calipers and returned to the house to measure all the things that needed precise measurement. This included the memory retrieval of how to cipher the volume of a cylinder. The numbers did not look right so I went to the computer and discovered I had misplaced a decimal point, though I did still remember the correct formula from year 6 math class. I then became bored once more.

Out comes the little HW30. Practically zero cocking effort needed so I should be safe with a bit of shooting.

I had it zeroed for indoor 10m use and zipping back out to 25 meters required a reset of the scope.

I have a problem with reseting the scope on this rifle due to the glass being a big 24x target scope with 1/8" clicks @ 100 yards.

That means that I need about 32 clicks to get a 1" adjustment at 25m!

Add to that the fact that it is a low cost scope and normally requires a couple of shots to settle after any adjustment and you have a real job to make any great changes.

I ran the scope about 40 clicks left and the required 32 clicks up and had things close enough to hit my makeshift hanging, clanging, dangling and flipping targets down at the fence row.

Things started itching around the stapled areas of the body after 30 or 40 shots so I knocked off and came inside to field test the air conditioner and capabilities of the ice maker on the fridge.

After I have rested a bit I must go down range and paint the targets for better contrast and contemplate the validity and necessity of making the 7 mile trip to the village for wasp bombs.
19 April 2019, 16:53,
RE: popping pellets
Sorry to hear you are bored. I'm sure that there must be something you can do that is productive. I usually read books when I am waiting for the kids or my parents.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 April 2019, 16:45,
Read???

Now that depends on what there is to read.

You are speaking to a person that gets p!$$ed at the stupidity of the Oxford and Cambridge history professors on televised lectures!

Why does every history professor in GB have to start their lecture with a quotation from Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter?

Every one of them is trying to prove that Middle Earth was the housing block where they grew up and Harry's train stops in their back garden!
20 April 2019, 20:44,
One thing I don't read too much of is history. I believe in knowing the basics but detail are a step too far. I do like SF and thriller though as well as a lot of prepping books.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 April 2019, 21:32,
Bored......bored is it …….there's blocks to split and stick to chop!....and when you finish that....you can start on breaking down the large lump coal and restacking it …..I will always make sure you will not be bored around here son no no we can't have that ! …..this inspiring little talk ...given by my father over sixty years ago has stayed with me and the inspiration instilled forever within …especially when all I wanted was to go to the outdoor swimming baths 2 miles up the road......I hope you find similar inspiration from my little tail ….and be satisfied to be breathing in and out …..take a look around you ….be grateful for what you HAVE .

miserable little bugger !.
21 April 2019, 14:56,
Main reason I am bored is due to not being allowed to do one singe thing on that list SS!

I am grounded from all lifting, bending, stretching, twisting and sudden movements for the next 6 weeks.

But I did just pass over the thought that the healing process from the surgery has had enough pain medication applied that my back has not bothered me at all!

The staples come out tomorrow, but I will be under restriction for another 6 weeks.

It will be just my luck to have this process revised within a short period so that it has no effect whatsoever and is done painlessly by a robot.

The two surgeries I had back in the 1990s are now done without incision. The incisions I had that opened my spine and left a six inch scar are now marked in others by the presence of two small dots of scar tissue and the wound covered by a plaster for the trip home the same day as the surgery.
21 April 2019, 15:36,
As you are very well aware MB …...I am a fine one to talk ! I have been visiting a relative in hospital ,every day for the past seven weeks ...ok not so much boring but more repetitious....conversations do not Varey that much and normally results in sleep (because I am so boring ) …...but that place opens one's eyes to the old , infirm and the druggies, prostitutes , homeless , along with some looking for a free meal or somewhere to feel warm and safe if only for a night...…...there are some class acts to get past as you run the gauntlet of smokers that take up every nook and cranny of space outside ANY entrance......if ever you need reassurance about the counter measures you have put in place around your home or BOL …..just pay a visit to your local hospital....in the UK at least …….bigger nails , bigger screws , in fact bigger everything .
22 April 2019, 14:44,
It is much the same over here SS. Many of our hospitals are located in the heart of the old city districts and near the "projects", or what you would call council estates.

Muggers and thieves roam the underground car parks and their rich pickings. Drug dealers stand openly on the street corners, and how those ugly women make a living at whatever their going rate is I can not imagine.

Across the Ohio River is the hospital where Salk developed the first polio vaccine. It is now dead center of one of the highest crime rate areas in the entire U.S.