Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, i just joined
19 April 2020, 07:57,
Hello, i just joined
Hi
I joined yesterday.
This situation with coronavirus is overwhelming me.
I figured i need to join a forum like this to better cope.
I am in the Midlands, terrified and want to be prepared in every possible way.
I have stocked strategically, as far as i know how.
I'm looking for every edge i can get to enable survival.
Just me, my partner and our dog live together.
I would like direct, honest conversations about what an prdinary couple can do to foresee, adapt to and survive.
My first problem is stress, i am functioning but my whole mind, body and existence is on full alert all the time.
First - how do i calm down and use this fear effectively instead of letting it damage me? Fear i believe is a highly essential thing, i need guidance on how to focus it positively.
So please help me.
19 April 2020, 12:08,
RE: Hello, i just joined
Welcome to the Forum. You will find a lot of good information on here. First of all, deep breath and don't panic. Most things are manageable. Have a good read and then ask any questions you need answers to.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
19 April 2020, 13:35,
Ladybird60, Sounds to me like you re doing the right things. As far as stress is concerned it is mainly a state of mind. Usually caused by lack of control. You get stressed trying to influence what you can't control and have no influence over. You need to accept that and let the rest go. Don't worry about it.You can't do anything about it. If you can do that you can control your stress. Good luck.

As for the rest there is a lot of useful information in the main site. Enjoy.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 April 2020, 15:24,
Hello and welcome LB 60 from sunny South Wales valleys, first things first calm down ! Keep a cool head and a sharp hatchet .......you will need plan your work and work your plan.....things Will soon come together ......ask questions however you think they might be a bit silly and get some answers ....don’t forget we all started where you are right now ! ...in the words of my mother “ if you worry you die if you don’t worry you still die so why worry” .
19 April 2020, 18:59,
Hello and welcome Ladybird60. If you have a look at my post dated 18 April 2020, under the thread called 'Planet Lockdown' I actually outlined some tips to new preppers, which maybe a good starting point for you. And of course the files section on this forum. If it's any consolation to you I'm not completely immune to the stress of the situation, but I guess I've shielded myself to it to a degree through years of rationale cynicism and developing a prepper mindset. Welcome to the club Smile