Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Best Covid purchase
20 February 2021, 17:48,
Your Best Covid purchase
So in the lead up to Covid reaching the Uk most of us started looking at our preps and what needed fine tuned or added before the event kicked off.
Without doubt my best purchase was a Bread Maker as I wasn't going to any shops and supermarket deliveries missed bread off the list just about every time. My best loaf making time so far is under ten minutes Smile

So what was your number one purchase/addition before Covid ?
Or is there something you would rate as a must have.
20 February 2021, 18:03,
RE: Your Best Covid purchase
Fray Bentos steak n kidney pies from farm foods 49p .....we bought ten tins ! I would buy another 30 if I could get hold of them !
21 February 2021, 12:15,
the stock of gloves and masks I purchased long before Covid was ever heard of which I have added to over the last year.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 February 2021, 12:16,
At outset I topped up on UHT milk, Potatoes, long life consumables and personal hygiene stuff ( Soap toothpaste and toothbrushes)

Also an extra 3m 6000 respirator and multiple sets of bio grade filters and over filters
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

25 February 2021, 20:26,
Those pies are now £1.39 , so bought another ten yesterday ! .....Lightspeed reminded me I never ever ever go below 48 litres of UHT long life milk and triple that in powdered milk.
26 February 2021, 10:04,
I have slightly less UHT milk than you SS, currently running at 36 litres but then there is only the 2 of us.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 February 2021, 11:04,
Interesting point with the UHT milk, I stored about 20 tins of the powderd stuff but I can’t see it ever being used while I have a supply of standard milk. Not exactly something to rotate.
26 February 2021, 12:26,
we have been using UHT milk for the last 22 years, some people say its an acquired taste but we like it.
Lidl sell it in 12x1litre boxes £6 per box, I have 2 on the go with 1 in reserve, always "rotate,rotate,rotate!!".
26 February 2021, 15:11,
We're maxing at 48l of UHT milk, and re- topping up in trays of 12l. Like BP I don't find the taste unpleasant at all.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

26 February 2021, 15:15,
Going back to the original question: Best already in place purchase has been a large supply of carbolic soap that I purchased as a job lot many years ago. We use this for heavy cleaning of dirt or whenever we've been in contact with others ( primarily shopping). It seems to have done the trick so far and we're only consuming one bar every 6 months.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580