Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas cylinder wood burner
15 October 2012, 23:03,
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner
Here is one I made earlier in the year. Two bottles, top of one chopped off, bottom of other chopped off, welded together for the hight, door cut and hole for chimney. Welded a baffle in the top so exhaust gases are driven towards the front then have to go to the back to go up the chimney. There is a scaffold bar I cut and welded into a kind of Z shape, but with the middle bit vertical - goes out of the back of the stove.

On lighting, I keep the door open, once it gets hot, close the door and the heat inside pulls in air through the scaffold for a re-burn just below the baffle. Door leaks enough for primary burn, was going to make it seal with fire rope and make an air inlet on the front but then thought 'Why, it works and as it is not coming in the house not going to worry about CO leakage'.

Depending on what is going on in the greenhouse in winter and spring, that is when it will be getting used. Would have made an open vented boiler too but do not have the time or the need to warrant using the time.

All of the paint is burnt off now, I may clean it up and put some stove paint on. I may not.

[Image: 2e1ulb6.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Gas cylinder wood burner - by Dorset Lad - 24 July 2012, 18:39
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner - by Barneyboy - 24 July 2012, 19:05
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner - by uks - 24 July 2012, 19:32
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner - by Hrusai - 24 July 2012, 22:23
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner - by Dorset Lad - 25 July 2012, 19:52
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner - by Hrusai - 25 July 2012, 22:27
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner - by Skvez - 27 July 2012, 17:10
RE: Gas cylinder wood burner - by BDG - 15 October 2012, 23:03