Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of PORTABLE base station aerials ??
5 August 2012, 10:04,
Speaking of PORTABLE base station aerials ??
In my article on Radio Comms security you will note the great emphasis I place on the base stations security being maintain by the habit of frequent moving of the station to pre-reccied spots so if the nasty boogeymen came looking they could not triangulate onto your home.

That got me thinking (yes it does happen sometimes) I wonder if our techies IE Paul, LS, Martin etc could come up with a VERY simple pre tuned easy to erect and take down PORTABLE mobile base station aerial?

I know mobile and base station are normally two different things, but in this case being able to have your family or groups main base station as portable and reliable as possible for added security I think is a good thing.

Some of the techies mentioned a 1.5 meter mag mount on a biccy tin with four wire radials sticking out. I wonder if this concept could be modified to a more rugged and quickly packed / unpacked design.

EG Magmount onto say flat piece of powder covered steel plate no wider than say 15 to 18 inches by 15 to 18 inches square. the radial GP limbs rather than being vulnerable wire were simply 4 pre trimmed lengths of steel or alloy bar / tube hinged to the square plate. Easier just to fold up and secure with a bungy tie?

Whats the most simple, reliable and quickly set up portable base station aerial you guys can come up with for a NON vehicle mounted application ?

Messages In This Thread
Speaking of PORTABLE base station aerials ?? - by NorthernRaider - 5 August 2012, 10:04