Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The peasants (students) are revolting
22 November 2012, 00:17, (This post was last modified: 22 November 2012, 00:20 by Hexyprep.)
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting
I am a married mother of 2, I worked 45 hours a week during my first year of university across 2 jobs with a small child, I worked 30 hours a week in my second year while pregant and in hospiatl for 4 hours a week and I was off work my 3rd year as I had a newborn. I can't move across the country. I took a risk doing the degree because I am not 17 and living off mum... mortgage, kids, car. I pay for it all myself, have never had gov handouts and hope I never will have to. I do not mind that I pay this money as I knew it was a risk and I gained a lot from it... but I did it and was willing to fork out money because I hoped it would lead to a more fullfilled life. I work now. I earn a good wage. I hate my job passioantly... but I do it... I did a degree so I wouldn't have to... didn't work out... nevermind life goes on...
when you need a nurse and there is not one or a doctor or a lawyer even do you really only want it to be the rich who are those people who may not understand your point of view because they have a silver spoon in their mouthes already?
You want to keep the rich rich and the poor poor, which is what raising fees does!
Means testing would mean all the rich can go as they have always done.... but also the best of the poor can too and improve their lives. People should work hard and pay their way, but if you work hard but CAN NOT pay your way why should you not be helped. I pay tax and always have and would be happy to help a person who might benefit society study... not your media studies student... they can pay all the fees but those who would do service to the community in some way
Sorry that sounds very confusing, my computer keeps freezing and half the words and letters are typing. Hope you can read enough of it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by BDG - 21 November 2012, 10:14
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by bigpaul - 21 November 2012, 10:21
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by bigpaul - 21 November 2012, 10:44
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by BDG - 21 November 2012, 11:26
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by BDG - 21 November 2012, 12:13
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by bigpaul - 21 November 2012, 12:52
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by BDG - 21 November 2012, 14:33
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by BDG - 21 November 2012, 14:41
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by BDG - 21 November 2012, 23:38
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by Ranger - 21 November 2012, 23:35
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by BDG - 21 November 2012, 23:51
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by BDG - 22 November 2012, 00:00
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by Hexyprep - 22 November 2012, 00:17
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by BDG - 22 November 2012, 01:08
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by BDG - 22 November 2012, 08:07
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting - by BDG - 22 November 2012, 11:02