Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The naughty tesco post got me exploring.
7 December 2012, 00:04,
RE: The naughty tesco post got me exploring.
(6 December 2012, 23:53)Tarrel Wrote:
(6 December 2012, 20:39)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I'm not fussed if its GM as long as it puts food in mine & my family's bellies post shtf

If it's GM Soya, then it's probably "Roundup Ready". Monsanto modify the seed so that it is resistant to Roundup weedkiller. This means the farm can overspray the entire crop with Roundup (Glyphosate) to control weeds, rather than treating the weeds selectively. More efficient. End-result is Roundup in your food. Although it's generally regarded as low-toxicity to humans, there have been reports that it can cause problems as a result of chronic, long-term exposure. (Birth defects, for example).

Personally, I will not knowingly eat any product containing GM soya or corn oil, for this reason.

p.s. Your spag bol sounds like a great meal to me. Nutritionally balanced, tasty and cheap. What more could one ask?

Eating something sprayed with weedkiller like roundup doesn't sound nice at all but like I say, post shtf, as long as we have food in our stomach's we will live for another day. When faced with not eating & dying or eating GM food & staying alive, ill pick GM everytime. During the present time though, ill be sure to look for GM free soya.

The spag bol tasted great. At around 38p per serving (not including the dogs share) it's hard to find cheaper.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The naughty tesco post got me exploring. - by Geordie_Rob - 7 December 2012, 00:04