Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light Sticks
24 October 2017, 15:38,
RE: Light Sticks
To clear up a few doubts about Light Sticks, Cyalume are the world leaders in chemiluminescent technology.
Cyalume brand Light sticks come in 2 forms. Chemlight and Snaplight, Chemlight has a different hook, a camo foil and an IR version, whereas Snaplight does not and they have a colour coded foil.
Cyalume Chemlights are the only Light Sticks in the NATO system, Cyalume are the sole manufacturers and suppliers to NATO. Other Light Stick manufacturers may claim to be NSN standard, they may even have the NSN printed on them, but Cyalume are the only ones to have been tested against the specifications. I could put SAS on my CV, that does not mean to say I served in the Regiment!!!
The Light Sticks (Cyalume) come in a range of sizes from 1.5" up to 15" in the full range of colours. Durations are from 5 minute ultra-hi (ideal for the Trip Flare Plate) all the way up to 24 hours. The Green, Yellow and Orange colours are the brightest versions generally. Cyalume also has disc versions called 3" Lightshapes which have an adhesive peel off backing for easy attachment. There is also 2 versions that are rectangular in shape. The Military version is about 11 x 6.5 cm called Visipad and the commercial version is the Glowpatch at 9 x 6 cm and again, both have an adhesive peel off backing.
The most common version is the 6" size, made in either France or in the US. The 6" Chemlight has a 4 year shelf life with the Snaplight having a 5 year shelf life.
Yes Cyalume are a tad more expensive than the copies, but the quality and performance is unsurpassed.

Messages In This Thread
Light Sticks - by NorthernRaider - 10 November 2011, 10:07
RE: Light Sticks - by Skean Dhude - 10 November 2011, 17:58
RE: Light Sticks - by bigpaul - 10 November 2011, 21:19
RE: Light Sticks - by JD1 - 10 November 2011, 21:33
RE: Light Sticks - by grumpy old man - 12 November 2011, 11:32
RE: Light Sticks - by Reality Jones - 17 November 2011, 16:32
RE: Light Sticks - by NorthernRaider - 17 November 2011, 16:55
RE: Light Sticks - by tony6125 - 24 October 2017, 15:38