Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing a new local currency after an event
4 September 2011, 22:00,
RE: Introducing a new local currency after an event
(4 September 2011, 21:26)2DaysAgoASawAVehicle Wrote: To my understanding everybody will be working as hard as we have never worked before...

Agree with that.

(4 September 2011, 21:26)2DaysAgoASawAVehicle Wrote: a doctor might not be doing much on a daily basis but is there if something serious
Happens(amputation,etc,etc)He does not have any patientes during the day?time to pass his knowledge to the future doctors.That's how he will earn his food,etc.
A carpenter...well,several tools are made with wood(the old trusted electricity free ones)and require maintenance too.

So he earns his food by teaching someone else how to do his job. I think I'd rather be a carpenter with medical training. earn my food by working and then charging individuals for medical help.

(4 September 2011, 21:26)2DaysAgoASawAVehicle Wrote: You have no skills?a pair of eyes it's all you need to look after the security of an area with food/kids,etc

Changed my mind. A carpenter will work too hard. I'll look after the security side.

(4 September 2011, 21:26)2DaysAgoASawAVehicle Wrote: We will have to integrate(the bigger community the better)

Tend to agree but depends on the community. Although eventually it will all flow together.

(4 September 2011, 21:26)2DaysAgoASawAVehicle Wrote: The old Soviets had the idea of rewarding those one that could produce more,it was not about
The quality,you make 10 more of wherever you produce then you get a bonus.
Mass production is the idea,the you can barter for anything you need,doctors,beds,named.

And that worked so well for them. Producing nails nobody wanted while ignoring what people needed. Plus, I don't remember the bonus part. It was quotas of work and when they finished they stopped. Bus drivers driving past passengers because picking them up didn't give them any more money so why bother.

(4 September 2011, 21:26)2DaysAgoASawAVehicle Wrote: After that,I'm afraid you need someone in charge to issue new coins,notes...someone that can be trusted.

Ah. The elite who can be trusted. What could possibly go wrong?

(4 September 2011, 21:26)2DaysAgoASawAVehicle Wrote: Or you could establish a value for things and trade them between communities,like the gold between countries.
Example:
A community has a extra stock of bread(wherever)that can be sold to another community for 20 "New Pounds" and then that community could buy the services of a Doc,carpenter,Guard,etc for X days in exchange.
Only the Leaders(the Accounts department)would handle that and be a benefit for all of us.

Taking a nice little cut off the top. No thanks. I'll trade with the neighbours myself if there is no money. They may want a doctor.

However, trade between communities is likely to be a trigger for some sort of currency. After all they may very well have things we don't have and vica versa.

(4 September 2011, 21:26)2DaysAgoASawAVehicle Wrote: You don't need real money if we have all agree on the value of things.Trust is the word.

How true. But we are flawed creatures. Nowhere in the history of our species has trust ever worked out once your community starts to grow.

You clearly trust your fellow man more than my experiences allows me to.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introducing a new local currency after an event - by Skean Dhude - 4 September 2011, 22:00