Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The effects of a badly located accident and bugging out
5 July 2013, 09:11, (This post was last modified: 5 July 2013, 09:27 by NorthernRaider.)
The effects of a badly located accident and bugging out
Noticed on TV last night the show about London transport and in it one truck overturned on a primary route and it led to total chaos and gridlock for hours with one bus being stranded for 5 hours. The cascade effect was unbelievable and I doubt that if TSHTF any preppers in that area could go anywhere if they were in a car.

I set aside the impact of that show as I dont live in a city and consider such an unfortunate incident would be just about impossible around here in southern Co Durham.

But this morning just as the rush hour was starting an accident caused the A177 to be closed completely right on the roundabout with the A 689, Those are the main East / West and North / South commuter routes around here.

So everything got diverted and chaos has ensued, and I would say grid lock has impacted about 85% of local B roads and traffic tries to found a way through.

This has now been compounded by hasty and impatient motorists who are not familiar with many of the B roads getting themselves lost or crashing into each other on the much narrower and twisty B roads.

And to top it off a bus as broken down in a chicane causing even further tailbacks.

SO, because of ONE crash on an A road in an unfortunate spot I would say as I type the best part of over 90% of all available roads around here are shut, and this is on just a normal nice warm sunny working day.

Can you imagine the ensuing agression, frustration, dangerous driving, collisions, break downs and total anarchy if a crash or simple breakdown happened an hour after TSHTF ??

I am fairly content in the belief that only those of our community on foot, two wheels or four legs have a decent chance of success at bugging out, the rest of us need to focus on bugging in.

I need now to revise and update my contingency plans for recovering safely Mrs NR and NR Junior if they were at work and school when TSHTF, which will get markedly worse next year when NR Junior leaves the Comp School and his to go to sixth form over 18 miles away !! ( Mrs NR is already 14 miles away at her works location).

Please guys keep reviewing and updating your IA drills on bugging in and out so changing traffic flows, jobs, road layouts etc could seriously bugger up your day if something changes and you are not aware of it.

Shit I just thought of something else that is going to require a lot of thought and planning and both my brain cells are already working flat out, I also have mutual support agreements with other preppers which is an issue in itself, but also some of them have kids as well so if they had to flee their AOO and headed this way I would need to identify places where they could get to and lay low in relative safety until they could be brought in if the roads were in chaos.

Messages In This Thread
The effects of a badly located accident and bugging out - by NorthernRaider - 5 July 2013, 09:11