Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking a break from prepping / Mental Reboot
3 March 2014, 20:18,
RE: Taking a break from prepping / Mental Reboot
I'm sorry, but has everyone missed what he's saying?

There is no talk that he's leaving forever. There's no suggestion that he's going to throw everything away. There's no talk that he thinks the whole world is going to be fine and we'll all live happily-ever-after. We seem to have created a storyline that has nothing to do with Tibbs, aside from it has the phrase 'going away' in it.

He has said he's taking a step back, so that he can view things more clearly. I think there are a lot of us that can benefit from such actions. I know that myself, SD, and a few others, like to get away and 'not prep' for a while. I like to get out and enjoy the wilderness. I brush up on some bushcraft, maybe a little tracking, or something like that. Although it can be prep-related, I do it with no thought of prepping. It's more about getting back to nature and getting away from the daily grind. No thought of work, my business, or anything like that. No bills, no excess in the bank, no cats, dogs, or any of the other 19 animals we have. The only thoughts of the wife are when I'm snuggling up for bed under a pile of leaves. That is my reset.

Also, please can we all recognise that once you REBOOT a computer, it doesn't suddenly change into a toaster or a fridge. It goes back to what it is originally, but with the intention of working better in it's original role. The same is true with Tibbs. He's not getting away to become a "Sheeple" (stupid word, but I couldn't be bothered to get a better phrase), but to be able to see the world from fresh eyes.

He has the basics of his preps in place, so if anything does happen, he's got great starting blocks to build on. Plus, since many suggest the collapse will be slow, he will still have plenty of time to come back and start loading up.

Have an awesome time Tibbs.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taking a break from prepping / Mental Reboot - by Scythe13 - 3 March 2014, 20:18