Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checking how Unknown your BOL is.
14 April 2014, 10:04,
Checking how Unknown your BOL is.
This is just a quick post, and I really hope it doesn't turn into a name calling festival of he-said-she-said-they-said-I-said....etc.

It's literally just an idea, and I'd like to put it out there and get some feedback from it.

Granted this is a slightly expensive way to check, and I'm sure there are MANY other cheaper ways to check, but this one appealed to me because I'm looking for an excuse to buy the gear and justify it to the wife haha. But that's off the subject so don't comment on it.

When checking for wildlife, e.g. foxes and the alike, you can get motion activated 'wildlife' cameras. Basically you put them on a trail and they will take pictures of whatever moves infront of the camera. Totally silent, using IR light and cameras in the night, and normal spectrum in the day.

The thought is, you could set up a camera or 2 close to your BOL, but in a hidden location that still allows overview of the area. If you left the equipment in place a week or so, you would get pictures of any animals, 4 legged or 2 legged, that would move close to your BOL.

The benefits of this are 2 fold. Firstly you get to see what people, if any, know of the location of your BOL (if there is any graffiti or vandalism there, then clearly it's going to be teens or early 20's, so you don't need to go down this route). Secondly, you'll get the glorious benefit of knowing what animals are active around your location! How amazing would that be if you suddenly found there to be deer in the vacinity, that you didn't know about? Pretty awesome hu?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Checking how Unknown your BOL is. - by Scythe13 - 14 April 2014, 10:04
RE: Checking how Unknown your BOL is. - by Binnie - 14 April 2014, 10:30
RE: Checking how Unknown your BOL is. - by Binnie - 14 April 2014, 12:54