Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rebuilding post collapse.
13 June 2015, 12:08,
rebuilding post collapse.
Following on from the technology thread I would like to say thus: we CANNOT rebuild what went before, in a TOTAL collapse of all the systems, if there are enough survivors left we can build some form of "community" once the dust settles, but it will be a basic community, everything done by hand or by using horses, ponies or donkeys(riding horses are no good for pulling carts...not trained and too highly strung)if we have enough of a supply of tools (scrounge them now from car boots, markets and hardware shops)and have a supply of heirloom seeds. its more likely to be "subsistence farming" more like allotment gardening than open fields (ever seen the old "leper strips" still to be seen in some places?) and we wont be growing large fields of wheat and corn. foraging and snaring (fishing if near the sea) will form the other part of the triangle. I have always said try to keep it simple, trying to set up wind turbines and solar electric systems may be possible for some, I don't have an engineering degree so i'll just stick to getting up when it gets light and going to bed when its too dark to do anything. I (and my contemporaries) grew up eating food that was "in season" if it wasn't in season we didn't have it to eat. both the wife and I have lived "off grid" with no mains electric, water or sewage, many alive today(under 50) have not and will not cope and therefore will not survive, they will NOT want to survive, so I expect the suicide rate to rocket WHEN TSHTF. Ben Fogle said on one of his "new lives in the wild" programmes that if TSHTF " I would not want to survive" and there will be many like that. the die off will be huge, maybe slow to start with but will then escalate. we-as a nation- can only grow about 60% of our food-the rest is imported- and that % drops every year as the land becomes less productive( I saw a NFU report saying just this) without imports we can only feed a fraction of the current population. in 1750 when the "industrial revolution" began the population of this country was only 6 million or less than 10% of the current numbers, I really think it will be that again one day.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.

Messages In This Thread
rebuilding post collapse. - by bigpaul - 13 June 2015, 12:08
RE: rebuilding post collapse. - by bigpaul - 13 June 2015, 16:45
RE: rebuilding post collapse. - by Mortblanc - 13 June 2015, 18:17
RE: rebuilding post collapse. - by HERNE - 15 June 2022, 18:08
RE: rebuilding post collapse. - by Devonian - 13 June 2015, 19:09
RE: rebuilding post collapse. - by bigpaul - 14 June 2015, 08:46
RE: rebuilding post collapse. - by Scythe13 - 14 June 2015, 08:49
RE: rebuilding post collapse. - by bigpaul - 14 June 2015, 09:04
RE: rebuilding post collapse. - by Scythe13 - 14 June 2015, 09:24
RE: rebuilding post collapse. - by bigpaul - 14 June 2015, 09:31
RE: rebuilding post collapse. - by Mortblanc - 15 June 2022, 21:46