Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vortex Optics
26 July 2015, 19:05, (This post was last modified: 26 July 2015, 19:27 by Scythe13.)
Vortex Optics
Quick edit* getting scope names mixed up with binocs. Scope is MTC Viper, binocs are Vortex. Sorry.

I've had these a little while, and have only gone for the cheaper end of the Vortex spectrum (DiamondBack range) but am so impressed, that I may well be upgrading to a new level of the Viper range, like the Razor's.

I purchased the 10x42 Vortex DiamondBack binoculars, and I am so unbelievably impressed with them!

The angle of view is huge, the clarity on the image is brilliant. These binocs take things to the next level and with a price mark between £100 to £200 for the DiamondBack range, you are getting the equivalent quality of optics well in excess of 3 to 4 times their price.

I'm not going to play around and say they're better than any of the top end optics. So those Carl Ziess or Swarovski lovers, don't worry, you're not under threat. But the Viper optics do offer about 80% of the performance for around 15-20% of the price. For that it is well worth a song and dance. The higher end Vortex stuff apparently provides around 90% performance, but this is only really going to be in play if you're doing proper hunting over a long range, or if you're tracking snipers. For 99% of the UK uses, the Vortex would happily fit the bill.

If you feel your preps are nicely squared away, and you're looking to upgrade your gear, you cannot go wrong with a good pair of Vortex's. Want to know one of the best things about them? No hassle, lifetime guarantee! Wait…no hassle, or no questions? BOTH!!! If you just turn around and say "They done gone broke on me!" Then return them, guess who gets a lovely new pair of shiny binocs? YEAH!!!

If I knew about Vortex years ago, I'd not have bothered gearing up with some cheap stuff to start with. Sometimes you can get away with cheaper gear until you can afford the better stuff, but with the binocs, you might as well go for the better ones when they're available for around £140ish.

I'd highly recommend the 8x42 and the 10x42. Personally, I've only player around with the 8x42 in SGC, but I'm thinking of getting some for the wife. She doesn't hunt, so won't really need better magnification than that.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Vortex Optics - by Scythe13 - 26 July 2015, 19:05
RE: Vortex Optics - by Steve - 26 July 2015, 20:51
RE: Vortex Optics - by Skean Dhude - 26 July 2015, 20:57
RE: Vortex Optics - by Midnitemo - 26 July 2015, 21:32
RE: Vortex Optics - by Mortblanc - 29 July 2015, 00:12
RE: Vortex Optics - by Scythe13 - 29 July 2015, 22:29