Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feuerhand baby 276 lantern
27 October 2015, 21:46,
Feuerhand baby 276 lantern
With the usual annual winter scares about power cuts in mind I decided to diversify my lighting needs , last year I concentrated on candles in the main UCO candles with an assortment of Asda's finest thrown in too , this year I decided to go down the oil lamp route so I purchased a Feuerhand baby 276 lantern from the Bushcraft store for the princely sum of £14.95(cheapest anywhere I could find) when it arrived I was pleasantly surprised , it's very pleasing to look at and appears well made in a utilitarian way , I had read some reports of leaking oil reservoirs so I immediately went out to find some unscented lamp oil(local hardware shop £3.55 a litre)to test the lamp and wether it was oil tight, it was and the lamp worked a treat , there are no real instructions with the lamp as it came in a brown paper bag!!!! but its quite easy to figure out yourself as it's not rocket science (youtube is your friend here) I have used these kind of lamps before so I kind of remembered how , being pleased with my lamp I ordered two more (one to use and one for spares as this is the cheapest way to buy a full set of spares, globe is £6 , wick winder/burner is £6.50 ,new filler cap £3.75 and wicks are £1.50 for a single one)am very pleased with the lamps , none leak and I'm getting useable light at less than 3p an hour per lamp , bought 20 wicks from Germany through Ebay at $17.70 posted that works out at less than 60p a wick and I've struck a 15% off bulk deal with my local hardware shop making a case of 12 x I litre bottles of oil at £3.02 per litre happy days.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!

Messages In This Thread
Feuerhand baby 276 lantern - by Midnitemo - 27 October 2015, 21:46
RE: Feuerhand baby 276 lantern - by Straight Shooter - 27 October 2015, 23:23