Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
leg wear suggestions for a SHTF scenario
7 September 2017, 17:25,
RE: leg wear suggestions for a SHTF scenario
Wen you buy the Duluth stuff you can expect it ti last a few years, not a single season or one year of GP use like a pair of jeans.

I can buy serviceable GP jeans for $20 US and they will last a year if I do not snag them or drip battery acid or some fool thing on them.

If I pay $70 US for the Duluth Fire Hose Pants I would expect to get 3-5 years wear from them. That would make them the cheaper choice even at the high initial price.

I am also not sure how to define "tactical" in the OP. If the meaning is camo pattern and snaps, straps and zippers everywhere then I can agree they do not blend well no matter how serviceable they are.

If one is referring to a pair of khaki cargo pants with simple pockets on the legs then I would not refer to them s "tactical". They have become standard fashion wear over here and draw no attention, especially if one cultivates the casual look and blends them properly.

I often wear brown, green or khaki cargo pants with appropriate shirt and a sports jacket or tweed. Just looks like proper outdoor clothing for a stroll down the green lane.

Summers here are very warm so it is normally a colored tee shirt with short sleeved shirt over the top to conceal the suspenders.

The suspenders keep the pants from falling down due to the weight of all the gear in all those pockets!

Messages In This Thread
RE: leg wear suggestions for a SHTF scenario - by Mortblanc - 7 September 2017, 17:25
RE: leg wear suggestions for a SHTF scenario - by Joe - 19 February 2021, 23:46