Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swedish crime wave.
21 January 2018, 23:39,
RE: Swedish crime wave.
https://www.thelocal.se/20180121/swedish...-come-down

21 January 2018 16:46 CET+01:00
Forty-three people were shot to death in Sweden in 2017 and the new year has not shown many signs of improvement.
Responding to the deadly spate of violence amongst criminal elements in Malmö, Gothenburg and Stockholm, the chief of the Swedish National Police vowed to do better.

“It's hard to eliminate murders altogether, but we have to get the levels down considerably,” Dan Eliasson said.

Eliasson’s police force has plenty to contend with. Just a few days ago, an explosive was detonated outside of a police station in the Rosengård district of Malmö in what police called “a response from criminals”. Not long before that, a police car parked outside a police station in central Malmö was damaged in an explosion.

Meanwhile, two young men were recently shot dead in the Stockholm suburb of Rinkeby and there were also recent killings in Helsingborg, Sundbyberg and Malmö.

https://www.thelocal.se/20180117/bring-i...-at-debate
Jimmie Åkesson, leader of the far-right Sweden Democrats, said his party wants to "declare war" on organized crime, and suggested using military help to support the police could be a way of doing so.

Interviewed following the debate, PM Löfven said that using military resources was not his preferred method but did not appear to rule it out.

"Putting the military in wouldn't be my first measure, but I am prepared to do what is needed to ensure that organized crime is eliminated," he told news agency TT.

"The military is not one of the first options, but we will look at a number of other measures. If that's not enough, the PM does not want to speculate what comes after," Löfven's press secretary Jonatan Holst wrote.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA

Messages In This Thread
Swedish crime wave. - by Pete Grey - 21 January 2018, 17:13
RE: Swedish crime wave. - by Easy rider - 21 January 2018, 17:25
RE: Swedish crime wave. - by MaryN - 21 January 2018, 19:59
RE: Swedish crime wave. - by CharlesHarris - 21 January 2018, 23:39