Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost A Friend
3 April 2018, 14:41,
Lost A Friend
I lost a good friend this past weekend.

It was not sudden, he had been fighting heart disease for 5 years, but it was a disappointment.

This was a computer buddy, much like we exist here, except that I had met this man in person and we had shared campfires, conversation and good Bourbon for a long weekend several years back, just before he developed the condition that killed him.

He was a historical camper, a modern camper, shooter, reloader, hunter of things furred and feathered and the vessel of untold stores gathered for a lifetime. We swapped information, experiences and equipment for 8 years and, once more, I feel the loss of a person that can not be replaced.

We exist here on the internet as phantoms in the either. We appear, we comment, sometimes we argue, then we are gone and often no one knows if we just moved along, died at the keyboard, or perhaps vanished into the matrix one sad day when we punched the "enter key" too hard.

Just take it for granted that if I do not appear here for a long period of time I am dead.

But never fear. My ashes will be sprinkled on the local waters and my essence will be carried down the Mississippi River to the ocean where I will become one with the Gulf Stream, and part of my remains will eventually pollute the shores of your little island.

I keep telling everyone that I am gong to get over there one day.

Messages In This Thread
Lost A Friend - by Mortblanc - 3 April 2018, 14:41
RE: Lost A Friend - by Straight Shooter - 3 April 2018, 18:32
RE: Lost A Friend - by Skean Dhude - 4 April 2018, 14:56
RE: Lost A Friend - by LAC - 4 April 2018, 15:14
RE: Lost A Friend - by Pete Grey - 4 April 2018, 15:49
RE: Lost A Friend - by Pete Grey - 4 April 2018, 15:54
RE: Lost A Friend - by Mortblanc - 4 April 2018, 21:15
RE: Lost A Friend - by CharlesHarris - 5 April 2018, 00:06
RE: Lost A Friend - by bigpaul - 5 April 2018, 15:21