Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fat Preppers
25 June 2018, 17:34,
RE: Fat Preppers
I have found, while discussing these things with my friends of about my age, that the real problem with trying to keep the weight down is lifestyle. And I am not talking about turning away from a life of party filled revelry, I am talking about turning away from many of the foods we consume three meals each day.

That is especially true when dealing with carbohydrates. Bread, Beer, Wine, grain based foods in all forms, Sugar in all forms.

I have heard all the excuses, and so has my doctor. He told me he loses 20% of his type 2 diabetes patients within 5 years of diagnosis because they simply refuse to change their lifestyle and eating habits.

"I can not eat breakfast without toast!" (can you imagine being willing to die before you will eat eggs without toast?)

"I can not live without sandwiches"

"Surely they are not considering rice a carb?" (I honestly had one friend that thought rice was not a carb, he though carbs were only bread and potatoes. College grad and IT technician he was too.)

"Just a few french fries will not hurt." (This is a biggie, "I'll cut down gradually until I am just eating a small number of carbs, Just a little can't hurt that much."

If I do not eat the old girl's Shepard Pie she will be pi$$ed." (The old girl is trying to kill you. She knows you have insurance.)

"What do you mean fruit is all carbs and has sugar in it???" (Yep, most people can not accept that sugar is sugar no matter what form it presents itself and sugar is a carb/carbs are sugar.)

"No beer, no wine, no liquor? What are you some kind of pervert?"

Over here we used to have a brand of cigarettes called Tareyton and their commercials all ran the slogan "I'd rather fight than switch". I have found that many people, when faced with a total lifestyle eating change, would really rather die than switch.

Dying, especially dying due to eating the wrong foods and too much of them, is not surviving!

Messages In This Thread
Fat Preppers - by Mortblanc - 23 June 2018, 23:51
RE: Fat Preppers - by Pete Grey - 24 June 2018, 16:06
RE: Fat Preppers - by Straight Shooter - 24 June 2018, 21:17
RE: Fat Preppers - by Midnitemo - 25 June 2018, 07:56
RE: Fat Preppers - by Mortblanc - 25 June 2018, 17:34
RE: Fat Preppers - by bigpaul - 1 March 2024, 14:08
RE: Fat Preppers - by Pete Grey - 1 March 2024, 17:06
RE: Fat Preppers - by bigpaul - 2 March 2024, 09:18
RE: Fat Preppers - by Pete Grey - 2 March 2024, 10:30
RE: Fat Preppers - by bigpaul - 2 March 2024, 10:31
RE: Fat Preppers - by Pete Grey - 2 March 2024, 10:32