Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
popping pellets
17 April 2019, 19:15,
popping pellets
OK, as has been pointed out I am in confinement, and now you must also suffer the wrath of my boredom!

Great day here, 27c and overcast. I went to the shop hoping to utter about and found that squatters had taken over! About 50 red wasps, all in attack mode, setting up housekeeping. I must now go to the store and buy bug bombs for all the sheds.

I did retrieve my digital calipers and returned to the house to measure all the things that needed precise measurement. This included the memory retrieval of how to cipher the volume of a cylinder. The numbers did not look right so I went to the computer and discovered I had misplaced a decimal point, though I did still remember the correct formula from year 6 math class. I then became bored once more.

Out comes the little HW30. Practically zero cocking effort needed so I should be safe with a bit of shooting.

I had it zeroed for indoor 10m use and zipping back out to 25 meters required a reset of the scope.

I have a problem with reseting the scope on this rifle due to the glass being a big 24x target scope with 1/8" clicks @ 100 yards.

That means that I need about 32 clicks to get a 1" adjustment at 25m!

Add to that the fact that it is a low cost scope and normally requires a couple of shots to settle after any adjustment and you have a real job to make any great changes.

I ran the scope about 40 clicks left and the required 32 clicks up and had things close enough to hit my makeshift hanging, clanging, dangling and flipping targets down at the fence row.

Things started itching around the stapled areas of the body after 30 or 40 shots so I knocked off and came inside to field test the air conditioner and capabilities of the ice maker on the fridge.

After I have rested a bit I must go down range and paint the targets for better contrast and contemplate the validity and necessity of making the 7 mile trip to the village for wasp bombs.

Messages In This Thread
popping pellets - by Mortblanc - 17 April 2019, 19:15
RE: popping pellets - by Skean Dhude - 19 April 2019, 16:53
RE: popping pellets - by Mortblanc - 20 April 2019, 16:45
RE: popping pellets - by Skean Dhude - 20 April 2019, 20:44
RE: popping pellets - by Straight Shooter - 20 April 2019, 21:32
RE: popping pellets - by Mortblanc - 21 April 2019, 14:56
RE: popping pellets - by Straight Shooter - 21 April 2019, 15:36
RE: popping pellets - by Mortblanc - 22 April 2019, 14:44