Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT HAVE DONE TO FEED YOURSELF THIS WEEK
13 March 2020, 14:01,
WHAT HAVE DONE TO FEED YOURSELF THIS WEEK
With food shortages on the way because of climate variations , uncertain economic future , shut downs of production and uncertain deliveries . How are you going to feed yourselves and your families How will you survive ? …..where you live and what you have at hand may seem a big ask to some living in a one bed flat ? but you can grow food ANYWHERE
and that is exactly what the purpose of this thread is about ! .

March is a busy time ! to get going and sowing seeds (you can use a window sill) potatoes in a bucket ! drill a few holes in the bottom 10 mm then fill the bottom with some small stones drop in some earth about 100 mm place a potato dead centre the cover with more soil about another 100 mm (the eyes of the potato facing upwards ) ….wait for the foliage to come up through the top of the soil about 150 mm , then fill with more soil half way up the stem and repeat till the bucket is full to the top , once they flower the stems start to keel over they are ready a full bucket of spuds …..easy as that ! , there are loads of veg to plant out direct into the ground [if you have some garden or ground] so you need to buy a book on veg to understand the what and when ,soil facts , looking after the crop etc , tools, trays , how to make compost etc sounds a bit daunting but it is NOT , when I was a lad this was how we feed ourselves All year around .

If you get started right now , you will be eating the finest fresh crisp veg with full flavour you haver ever tasted , you will see and taste the difference your hands your labour produced ...over shop bought mass produced forced crap you been eating....you will never return to ever again ! in future I will post here of what I get up to every week , starting this weekend you been warned ! so come on what you done or planning on doing to feed your faces .

Messages In This Thread
WHAT HAVE DONE TO FEED YOURSELF THIS WEEK - by Straight Shooter - 13 March 2020, 14:01