Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We know everything!
13 June 2018, 10:48,
RE: We know everything!
Still here , still adding bits and pieces to my stash , still shooting , the main change is I'm busy living rather than busy preparing to die
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
13 June 2018, 14:17,
M&M I believe most of us here now have about that same outlook, connecting our preps to better quality of life rather than prevention of catastrophic death at the hands of zombies or the "golden horde" which was much of the focus of the insecure only a few years back.

That is especially true of those imaginative souls that believed they would survive as "ninja boy scouts" living with the wife and kids under a tarp on the moors and in the mountains.

I have been at this for a long time and I have observed two things. Social anxiety prepping occurs during times of recession, and it occurs when the U.S. has a liberal president.

When the economy is good we who are more dedicated go back to "prepping" to insure food quality rather than food security, economic security rather than economic survival, and education rather than desperation.

There was a time on here when one could not contemplate planting their veggie patch or container garden without drawing comments that we were making ourselves "targets" for the rioting rabble.

So far all our losses have been due to onset of disinterest and I do not know of a single loss of a member to starvation, plague, famine, being killed by rioters or eaten by zombies.
13 June 2018, 17:52,
Well i was nearly eaten by a zombie ...1967 school Christmas dance ......Sue ...well built ..put a ton of coal in no problem ! ....she grabbed hold of me for the last slow number...i did not stand a chance ....she was desperate and determined ...she was kissing me and groaning....and not in a nice way ...you know the.... occasional grunt and snort and all the while holding me in a head lock .....then her tongue in my ear job....as i looked around the boys were looking at me and mouthing "you lucky jammy bastard" .....i managed to break free and holding my neck ran to the toilets ....sitting on the loo thinking of how to escape this ordeal ....then it hit me like a ton of bricks .......its that fucking Old Spice i pinched off my father....this was the reason.....it made me irresistible to the ladies just as it said in the TV adds .....especially large ladies ......as i return to the main hall ....there she is ...hanging over the safety rail vomiting all the vodka and orange she has been putting away all night out in the cloakroom ....one of many desperate escapes with Old Spice ......Then .....BRUT .....came out ...aftershave my arse .....afterburner more like .....but that's for another time ....i can not bring myself to reveal it now ....other than to say She said "where do you think you'r going? get back in here you little bastard ! "
13 June 2018, 19:52,
(13 June 2018, 17:52)Straight Shooter Wrote: Well i was nearly eaten by a zombie ...1967 school Christmas dance .......one of many desperate escapes with Old Spice ......Then .....BRUT .....came out ...aftershave my arse .....afterburner more like .....but that's for another time ....i can not bring myself to reveal it now ....other than to say She said "where do you think you'r going? get back in here you little bastard ! "

My neighbor insisted some years ago that his daughter not wear perfume to the school dance. Instead Dad applied Hoppe's No.9 gun cleaning solvent behind her ear with a cotton swab, and told her if any young men she danced with recognized the aroma and smiled, that she could invite them over for Sunday dinner.

The couple has been married for a year now and are expecting their first child.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
14 June 2018, 02:53,
I would not believe either of you if one were not from England and the other from West Virginia.
14 June 2018, 20:56,
(13 June 2018, 17:52)Straight Shooter Wrote: Well i was nearly eaten by a zombie ...1967 school Christmas dance ......Sue ...well built ..put a ton of coal in no problem ...she was kissing me and groaning ....one of many desperate escapes with Old Spice

Can you imagine her now SS 50 years older, for God’s sake bin the aftershave just in case you meet her in the supermarket, to make sure hang some garlic around your kneck....good luck....keep safe.
15 June 2018, 17:12,
And there is the off chance that she has held up well and we are the ones grown ugly enough to gag a maggot!

I have been on the trail of the lost for some time;

Lost my hair
lost my eyesight
lost my hearing
Somehow gained 3 stone and still lost enough of my @$$ to need braces
15 June 2018, 19:31,
Sadly Sue has passed over many years back , i am very happy to tell you she was a lovely person in reality .....around fifteen years after that dance a chance meeting in Mother Care we reminisced off school days and friends and THAT dance "i never have drunk Vodka ever since" she said .....best of all ....she was slim, trim and gorgeous and i do mean Stunning ...i had a job to get my head around the change and watched her leave the store....wild child asked Who was that ? .....just some chick i used to throw around the dance floor babe !.....don't you babe me! .............you know normal shit.
11 August 2018, 20:54,
Sorry, we're still unpacking from the move. Should be done by Christmas...
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
12 August 2018, 14:36,
No we don’t know everything. Even those of us of the cold war generation. We all know something that might be of use to others.

I became a member last November (after being a guest for a few years) as i thought my ideas on prepping may be of interest to others.

I am very surprised that with over 100 people regularly guesting on the forum that there are only a few members posting on a regular basis.

If you’re interested enough to read the posts here, register and tell us about YOUR preps, you may have knowledge and skills that will benefit us all.