Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOL 'Septic Tank'
5 April 2012, 23:17,
BOL 'Septic Tank'
Got a phone call from a friend of mine up in the north of Scotland, he has invited me up to see his new septic tank. So why am I telling you this? Well this sceptic tank isn’t for the effluent waste it was designed for, it is a BOL store. About a year ago we had been talking about our prepping and in particular the problem of storage. Many people already have scouted and selected one, two, three or more BOL’s, but we were just exploring the practicalities of storage in such locations incase you have to leave in a hurry from one to the other.

I know that some people have dug in old fridges at their BOL’s for this purpose; we were looking at larger storage options for either longer term or larger families. We were just discussing this over a drink in a pub when the barman said that he couldn’t help over hearing and for his money he would use a septic tank. Bury it out and easily concealed even if the covers were discovered, people tend to stay clear of lifting the covers just because they say ‘Septic tank’ on them.

We gave it some thought and my friend looked into it, the long and the short of it was that he found the double chamber system best suited the purpose he wanted to use it for. So now in the furthest corner of his land,(which is a fair hike away), he has buried one and after restoring the ground he says it looks good and he hopes after a couple of months when the soil has restored itself no one will be able to tell.

So he has invited me up to see his new ‘Septic Tank’. I am looking forward to seeing it. He opted for a 3600Ltr double chambered wide inspection access, the wide opening helps for de-slurring the tank on an annual basis and so my friend says that it is wide enough to climb inside, both inlet and outlet have been sealed up and so the tank is weather and water proof. Don’t think that I shall get the chance to go up until around the end of July, but that gives him time to test it out properly before I get there.
“From now on it is only through a conscious choice and through a deliberate policy that humanity can survive.”
Pope John Paul II
6 April 2012, 12:51,
RE: BOL 'Septic Tank'
Interesting. It does have a good sound and if you really wanted to you could put a false tray in with some horrible sludge if someone openned it.

I like the sound of it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 April 2012, 13:52,
(6 April 2012, 12:51)Skean Dhude Wrote: Interesting. It does have a good sound and if you really wanted to you could put a false tray in with some horrible sludge if someone openned it.

I like the sound of it.

Ahh, we never thought of a false tray with sludge Wink It would put me off if I opened it so I shall pass that along to him Thanks Skean Dhude Smile
“From now on it is only through a conscious choice and through a deliberate policy that humanity can survive.”
Pope John Paul II
6 April 2012, 13:58,
No problem.

Do you have a link to his tank. The only ones I could find were round ones with a neck. I was thinking of something squarer.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 April 2012, 15:15,
I was going to ask the same SD. Yet another thing to do once I move!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
6 April 2012, 17:01,
Actually he bought it off Ebay of all places, it is a Tricel domestic Septic Tank 3600Ltr double chambered. Most of the septic tanks are these round or conical shape ones, but the older designs like the one he got are still around.
Pope John Paul II
6 April 2012, 17:11,
The Septic Tank as a BOL looks a great idea, As a Towny living in a terraced house just need to work out who's land i can secretly dig a hole in ;-)
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu