Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boots
22 May 2012, 01:01,
RE: Boots
(21 May 2012, 23:28)Timelord Wrote: I hope you don't wear steelies for riding your motorbike!

Yes I know the ancient biker law, I was warned off steelies when I was a learner... but being me, I thought the sensible thing to do is to experiment. So after several 'scientific' crashes I learnt that a decent pair of work boots are safe as bunkers, however doc-martin steelies risk cutting your toes off. I know why people warn against it, but in 20 years of all weather riding, steelies have served me well... they just need to be the right ones. I would go so far as to say they offered a fair degree more protection than the hazard that legend tells of. Also they cave in the doors of Saabs a treat. And a bonus side effect from these experiments is that I am lucky enough to have my own metal bone parts to match my toecaps!
29 July 2012, 13:49,
just been to the local car boot, OH has bought her Bog Out Army Cadet boots for £1.50Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 December 2012, 17:58,
"Ronnie Sunshines" has Tactical Army Cadet Combat Patrol Boots for £19.99 +£4.30 p&p .
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 December 2012, 20:47,
BOOTS! I love boots, I have lots of pairs. 5.11's, Oakleys, Adidas, UnderArmour, Converse, Goliath and now Altberg.

I did buy a cheap pair of karrimores from Sports Direct. They were shit, now if I need new boots I pay well for them. Can't skimp on footwear.
10 December 2012, 21:04,
Would be nice if they made kid versions...
My Generals are giving me a huge earful these days about me not wanting to buy them these sorts of boots and this is despite my very patient explanations that their tender little feet are not yet big enough for size 8's... *sigh*
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
10 December 2012, 21:07,
Buy them hiking boots instead of military ones. Some are just as hard wearing. You know what kids are like though, splash out a load of money of shoes then 3 days later their feet have expanded to some ungodly size and you're out of pocket. Again.
10 December 2012, 21:10,
(10 December 2012, 21:07)BeardyMan Wrote: Buy them hiking boots instead of military ones. Some are just as hard wearing. You know what kids are like though, splash out a load of money of shoes then 3 days later their feet have expanded to some ungodly size and you're out of pocket. Again.

How so VERY TRUE, SIR!!! Smile

I am having to deal with that for school uniforms at the mo and this shoes size thing happened in the summer with both of them!

nice that they are growing well but also a cause for a little frustration...Smile
10 December 2012, 21:13,
We only have one at the moment, so it's not too bad. The missus has started buying 2 pairs at a time too, but one in a bigger size. So should we ever be short of cash then he always has a pair of shoes the next size up.

(10 December 2012, 21:10)Mandlaka Wrote:
(10 December 2012, 21:07)BeardyMan Wrote: Buy them hiking boots instead of military ones. Some are just as hard wearing. You know what kids are like though, splash out a load of money of shoes then 3 days later their feet have expanded to some ungodly size and you're out of pocket. Again.

How so VERY TRUE, SIR!!! Smile

I am having to deal with that for school uniforms at the mo and this shoes size thing happened in the summer with both of them!

nice that they are growing well but also a cause for a little frustration...Smile

10 December 2012, 21:50,
Now why on earth did I never have that idea???
Thanks for sharing that 'cos it will help a lot.

My respectful thanks to Mrs BM for that idea.
11 December 2012, 12:12,
(10 December 2012, 21:13)BeardyMan Wrote: We only have one at the moment, so it's not too bad. The missus has started buying 2 pairs at a time too, but one in a bigger size. So should we ever be short of cash then he always has a pair of shoes the next size up.

What a good idea must mention it to the OH